Newly pg, starting new job next week

Discussion in 'Home Life & Finances' started by lauramumof2, Dec 2, 2007.

1. lauramumof2

lauramumof2 Well-Known Member

I have just found out that im pg. I start a new job next week and Im really worried. How are they going to react to my being pg and only in the door.

Its still local government only a different section and Im part time.

Should I phone them up and tell them this week. Im pretty sure that my current employer woud let me stay and to be honest now that Im pg I would rather stay in the old job.

Arrgggghhh, what am I going to do.

2. paiges_mummy

paiges_mummy Well-Known Member

not being nosey, but what sort of work is your new job involving??

3. Minxy

Minxy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't tell them anything just yet.

It's very early days and you want to get your feet under the table a bit, you can always 'discover' your pregnancy later on. :twisted:

I got pregnant a month into a new job and they weren't happy but there's nothing they can do. I worked all my hours and earned my maternity leave!!

4. lauramumof2

lauramumof2 Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    I told them this morning. Its an office job and the woman was really understanding and has made me feel a lot more relaxed.

I know there was nothing really that they could do but I did want her to know just in case she would have rathered I stayed in my old position.

Phew, another weight off my mind.

5. Jen79

Jen79 Well-Known Member

Hi, I only just saw your post otherwise I wouldve posted sooner!

Just wanted to say that I was in a very similar position 2 years ago. Basically I applied for my job in the february and then found out I was pg in the march. I kept my mouth shut till I had my scan because I was worried about what they would say. It turned out fine, they were great and I had my 6 months maternity and went back on reduced hours so it all worked out fine. I am glad you just told them, I worried myself unecessarily about what they would say. With hindsight I shouldve just come clean and saved myself stressing about it! :D