Newborn vs 0-3 months

Puppy mad

Reaction score
Starting to get my head round everything now my scan was positive.

Can anybody advise on how much newborn and 0-3 moths stuff ill need?

As I'm staying team yellow I don't want to over buy, so literally want the basics.

Will 0-3 months drown the baby for the first few weeks? Is it best to buy a coup,e of newbornbabygrows a d vests to see me through etc?

I'm new to all this so any help would be gravely appreciated.

Obviously I won't know the weight of bub until its born so tricky..

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Xx

Honestly don't buy much. I got quite a lot of neutral newborn stuff with my first & he ended up being 5lb 11 and needed tiny baby clothes for a while. Then by the time he was in newborn I wanted colours. The vests last so always worth getting a few of them. Also white sleep suits look lovely on newborns, but again I wouldn't go mad as you will prob want them in colours once they are born. Its tricky as its exciting after your scan to buy clothes but you will honestly not get round to using some of it. I would def get the mother care ones with the scratchmit sleeves as scratch MIT's always fall off and they do scratch their faces a lot to start with. This is something I wish I had known last time so thought I'd mention it.

Congratulations, and good on u for being team yellow. Its lovely finding out when they arrive in the world and helps with labour IMO as you are so desperate to know it helps u push lol

We were team yellow which helped us not buy too much but we still ended up with way more than he needed!

He was 9 days late, weighed 7lbs 8oz so only fitted in "newborn" for a week or so.

I'd get as little as possible, and I'd also keep the tags on (not exactly practical as I know everyone likes to wash their baby stuff) but maybe wash the essentials in both newborn and 0-3 and then give someone the task of washing / drying the size you need when baby arrives?

We also bought a few bundles from Ebay for about a fiver (including P&P) so we have a selection of sizes. Most of what we got was in really good condition

xxxxxx

It's kinda hard to tell tbh, personally A reasonable amount of newborn stuff - my DD was 7lbs, (so not a million
Miles smaller than Nats wee boy) and even newborn stuff was like tattie sacks on her - we had to buy tiny baby.

She didn't go in 0-3 till nearly 3months, and at that ages she floated between 25-50th lines so not tiny for her age.

Most shops if you leave bits unopened you can return and exhange for a bigger size.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I was having a convo with two people at work about this yesterday.

I have also been advised to not buy too much in any one size until it is born as it might be early, just a small baby or a very chunky baby. I got a 10 piece newborn set a few weeks back and I will prop pick up a few bits in 0-3 and leave it at that until it is born. As long as we have enough for a couple of days it is fine as we can go shopping then :D x

I would say get a few bits of each size too. We were team yellow so just had a few basics to begin with. My DS was 7lb 8.5oz born but newborn swamped him, it all depends on their size, length and shape (if that makes sense). My LO took until he was 2 months to go into 0-3 so we had quite a lot of colours and outfits by then but sleep suits always come in handy. Sainsburys TU clothing have the integrated scratch mits too and they quite often have offers on - we tend to buy all out sleepsuits and vests rom there x

You should have something in each small size, I bought all newborn and 0-3 months with first baby and it was all to big for her so had to go and buy loads of tiny baby stuff! x

I made the mistake of just buying 0-3 (they thought I was goin to have a big baby) but, in the end Grace was five weeks early & 4lb 9pz so stayed in tiny baby for 5 weeks, then I bought loads of newborn but it only lasted two weeks & now at 7 wks I've just moved her over into 0-3 always worth getting bits in different sizes because you really just don't know! Xxx

Using tapatalk x

We're staying team yellow too. I've bought a "starter pack" type in each small size; first size, newborn and 0-3. Just in case! All in white as I do love babies in white. I'm thinking once they're born there'll be plenty of things bought for them, so long as we have the basics. I can't stop buying vests though, I keep being told you can never have too many!

We've bought all the basics in a mix of sizes. Some of it is newborn, some is 'up to 1 month' which Next do and then we have some 0-3 months. Growth scans are suggesting a tiny baby is unlikely for us! It is tricky to know what to get, but we figured we have a few of each and we can always go and buy more if needed.

ruby was a big baby, 8lb 12oz born, but really long as well so she didnt fit into newborn or up to 1month clothes at all, she went straight into 0-3 month clothes

I would say get plenty of 0-3month stuff as lo will prob be in that for at least 2 and a half months (even if not straight away!) but he/she will grow out of newborn stuff pretty quick so concentrate on buying enough vests and sleepsuits, these are the things that u will use the most of, and if u run out of baby trousers/socks etc in small size u can always just wrap them in a blanket!

I have team yellow stuff from carboots, newborn and 0-3 but im only taking newborn into hosp, itcwill start me off and then ill want to enjoy going to shops and getting some coloured ones. Mind you ive got done brights in my team yellow stuff . I also got 3 knitted white cardis for £1 and two are girlie and one is more boyish/ unisex so ill get my daughter to pivk one when they collect me from hosp, hubby wont know which is which!

My babies are normaly between 6 and 7 lbs so will wear for a while

Thanks all. Ill get a small mixture of both sizes until we know the weight and sex :).

Xx

Leo went straight into 0-3 months. With a history of big babies in the family I figured he would be fairly large. I suspect this one will be too but I shall still pack a couple of newborn sleepsuits just in case. But I will really only be buying one or two sets of newborn - if Bub is smaller then I can always ask mum to go get me some!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back