newborn sleeping arrangements

dmkirk89

Reaction score
ive been getting soooo confused over this topic, got told all sorts by different people to what to use ,was planning on using a celuar blanket i have a groegg to monitor the temperature to adjust bedding, i then got told to use a sleeping bag so i bought one of those, then i got told not to use one of them till babba is at least 3 months old!! So after going to mothercare the other day i now have a groswaddle which apparently remind them of being in the womb, haha i have been soo confused over this lol what are you guys using, used? X

We are just using cellular blankets for now, easier to manage their temperature that way as they can be foldedior unfolded and doubled up ect x

Same hun, cellular blankets for now and then i have the grobags in diff togs and sizes for when hes bigger.
Also have the groegg for temp xx

We use cellular blankets until bub was big enough for his Gro-bags (which is 8lbs 8oz!!)

I think the idea is that you either swaddle (so keep them quite tightly wrapped) or you use blankets then the sleeping bags.

I'd have a read about swaddling as it isn't recommended universally anymore. Some MW's will say yes other advise no :shock:

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Blankets for us, don't fancy the gro-bags

It is not advised to swaddle as baby's use their arms to cool down. They wave them similar to how elephants flap their ears to cool down. Plus some babies don't like being swaddled. I don't think sleeping bags are a good idea for newborns as they can burrow down and hide their faces, a sleeping bag is generally for about 5 months plus, when the lo kicks blankets off. I am going with cellular blankets as easier to remove layers etc. It is surprising how cool a baby needs to be.

I use a 1.5 tog gro bag for Max if it's a bit cooler.
If its slightly warmer, I use a cellular blanket xx

Cellular blankets here. Swaddling has mixed reviews and cellular is nice and easy as you can fold to make more layers etc c

i think im just going to use the cellular blanket for night time as it gets really hot in my house Its like 23 degrees on my groegg with the windows open, at least that's cleared lol ive been getting sooo confused xx

It is not advised to swaddle as baby's use their arms to cool down. They wave them similar to how elephants flap their ears to cool down. Plus some babies don't like being swaddled. I don't think sleeping bags are a good idea for newborns as they can burrow down and hide their faces, a sleeping bag is generally for about 5 months plus, when the lo kicks blankets off. I am going with cellular blankets as easier to remove layers etc. It is surprising how cool a baby needs to be.

There is no need to wait until 5 months.

I'd just wait until they are a bit over the recommended minimum weight.

xxxxx

Last edited:

There is no need to wait until 5 months.

I'd just wait until they are a bit over the recommended minimum weight.

xxxxx

I was guna say im not waiting that long otherwise my 3-6month size bag wont even fit !!! xx

I got told 8lb for a sleeping bag, I used one from about 1 month. I worry less about covers being kicked off n him being cold x

yeh sleeping bag/growbag are depending on weight rather than age so a smaller baby wouldnt be able to use its all about how they fit into it and risks of suffication from wriggling down.x

I have all three, well I have three cellular blankets, one gro swaddle (incase he doesnt like to be swaddled) and two grobags 0-6 month from grobag. You can start using the grobags/sleepingbags when they reach a certain size/weight and can't pop through the hole with their little head ;) Nanna said that they won't be moving that much when they're really tiny and blankets will do at that stage just see what works best for you hun + you can always sell the bits that are hardly used or not even used at all and even the used ones haha :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back