Newborn nappy change

SugaryIris

Reaction score
My little boy absolutely hates having his nappy changed, the second I take off the nappy and start cleaning him he’s screaming and hysterical and he won’t stop until I’m done, it doesn’t look sore so I don’t think it’s that.

is there anything I can do to make it easier for him??

Some babies just hate nappy changes lol but maybe he's getting cold? You could try giving him a warm blanket or something similar to snuggle into when you're changing him. Or a dummy if you're using one? I used to have to sing to my daughter whenever I changed her nappy. Actually I still do most of the time, but now I can give her busy toys etc haha. Hope you find something that calms him!

Yes, 3 of my babies hated it too! Good suggestions from winter wolf. You’re not alone!

My boy went through phases. It's quite normal. WinterWolf has made some good suggestions. On the plus side he can't go anywhere yet. A mobile toddler who doesn't want changed is a lot more fun!!

Thank you for the reassurances ladies.

it’s just heartbreaking to hear his little scream, he is so content the rest of the time. I get all a cluster and then don’t concentrate and it’s pee fountains!! The joys of little boys!

@MoominGirl yes! That doesn’t sound fun at all, at least he can’t run away from me yet xx

Agree my baby hates it as well but shes got the oddest little cry it actually makes us laugh :/ haha we are evil, but seriously its such a weird noise.

Haha my toddler HATES IT too, I dread them!

Yes when they can get up and run off its much worse!! Also, girls can make some pretty impressive pee fountains too hahah

I agree! Little girls have such forceful pees as well!
Oh and wait until they start rolling over and trying to escape every time you try to change their nappy. That phase lasts forever too!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back