Newborn inserts on a car seat

DaisyDoo

Reaction score
Just wondering, at what age do you take the newborn inserts out of a carseat?

i think O was about 6mths. But she's pretty teeny tiny x

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

They say around 4-5 months or when baby starts to look a bit 'squashed up' xxx

tapatalking x

I have just taken out the wedge, as I was struggling to get him in, I will leave the head support in for as long as I can x

I took mine out when she was only 10 weeks and she's only little, weighs 10lb 11oz now. She just looked squashed down and as though ate was bending in the wrong places, she looks much more comfortable now I've taken it out.

Theres a wedge on mine but i cant take that out and use the head support as theyre attached. Might get a seperate hugger, shes starting to look uncomfortable!

I've already taken the wedge out for Evan, he looked so squished xx

Might pop over toys r us tomorrow and see if they have one. Thanks!

Sophie is 7 months and we still use the head hugged with the wedge removed.

I have removed it some.time ago and my boy is 8 weeks, he looked.uncomfortable in it.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I took mine out a few weeks ago and put in the cushion of the pram to give a bit more support

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

I've still got mine in but jack is till tiny so need that support for him. He's nearly 13 weeks and only 9lb 13oz xx

My girls still has her head support in at 9 mths. Mine seems to be attached. Xx

tapatalking

I took the wedge out around 16 weeks I think, it didn't look a comfy position xx

I got told off today as apparently you're supposed to leave the wedge in until they are 12 weeks due to their spines still developing. Looking squished is supposed to be fine!? Not that any of my literature provided me with any pictures of what the baby is supposed to look like in the car seat - or even online.

Got made to feel like a bad mummy even though I was only doing what I thought was best in the absence of any useful information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back