Newborn hiccups

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by x3violins, Feb 27, 2021.

1. x3violins

x3violins Active Member

Does anyone have any advice on preventing or curing hiccups in newborns? My newborn is a week old and struggles with long, drawn-out hiccup episodes. She would hiccup in utero fairly often and it has continued after delivery. Last night she had the hiccups for 4 hours straight. She won't eat and gets understandably fussy because of them. She's been eating well otherwise recently and is burped during and after each feeding. I'm not sure what else to do for her.

2. Mrsbridge17

Mrsbridge17 Well-Known Member

Look up the tiger hold. It’s used for colicky babies but it helped my lo with lots of things very soothing for them

You could also try a dummy or gripe water but I think she is a little small for gripe water x

x3violins likes this.
  3. x3violins

x3violins Active Member

You are an absolute lifesaver! I looked up the tiger hold, and with it, I found a whole bunch of other belly massage techniques. They don't totally eliminate the gas problem but they sure to make noticeable improvements! There have been no 4-hour hiccup marathons and she's been a lot less fussy at night! Thank you so much!