Newborn baby wearing in summer?

floppit

Reaction score
Is the heat going to knobble my baby wearing plans?

I REALLY want to baby wear but I'm due at the end of March so the LO's first 6 months of life (the time I MOST want to baby wear) will be through the height of summer.

I'm worried that no matter how light I keep her clothing it will always be too hot for her to be worn.

I've got both the pouch type carriers and the leg dangly, sitty up ones (the sitty upone is a baby bjorn made for newborns in summer but leaves legs and arms exposed). I think the pouch might be too stuffy and the other ones not shaded enough - especially as I've read you shouldn't use any sunblock in the first six months.

I'm quite upset at the thought of just having to give up on the idea and use a pram.

Any other baby wearers out there who have magic answers?

Im not a baby wearer but both my babies were born in the summer and id recommend romper suits as the material is stretchy and comfortable for a new born and id say be fine for a 'worn baby' too. Cmfort and mobility is a must for los :D

hehehehe.... that's what I had in mind, lots of sleepsuits and the occassional token gesture of a pinafore or skirt on special occasions. I don't want to put her in proper outfit clothes when she so young she won't understand beyond what's comfy.

I still worry that if I'm wearing her I won't have the umbrella and canopy of a pram - sunrays go through clothing.

I have the same worry. I've bought the Moby wrap and worry it might be too hot at times. But given that it wasn't at all sunny here in Aberdeen last summer maybe that's just wishful thinking :rotfl:

im also due end of march and we babywear too, i have a ring sling.

if its hot, i will just put baby in a vest and make sure its shaded as much as possible.

Just thin cotton clothing, a hat and suncream and baby will be fine!
We had temps of 42C during the summer and i wore Thea everyday.

Just thin cotton clothing, a hat and suncream and baby will be fine!
Is there a sunscream babies can use in the first 6 months? If there is then I would be alot more confident we can make it work.

It's good to hear you got on fine in such a hot climate though.

any baby sun screan is ok i thought? theres no warnings on the bottle to say cant be used before 6 months. we have the banana boat one for babies.

feck - I don't know where I heard you couldn't now!! :rotfl:

With sunscreen it all makes more sense. I'll ask my midwife 'cos it doesn't seem like the sort of thing I'd have imagined. If the bottles don't say not to though it can't be that bad (they'd be to scared to get sued).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back