Newbie with a dilemma

Lulla Bell

Reaction score
Hey Guys :) Im new here, 27, first time TCC... eeeee how exiting
So heres a little back story!
Ive been on a form of contraception since I was 15, With all of them AF has rarely visited, Maybe for a relief bleed or two, but nothing long term.
I had been on the depo for 4 years, then decided to come off it and go onto the implant, that eventually sent me doo lally, so I came off it last October and went back on the depo, I even told the nurse we wanted children at some point, and she didn't warn me of the effects the depo has on your cycle!
Finally me and the husband decided now was the right time to try for a baby! I missed my next injection and got ready for AF to rear her ugly head................Nothing!
months and months and months I waited. I went to see my doctor and he told me to just wait, my time will come..... 6 months later.... nothing!
I decided to do some research of my own and found some forums about women in the same situation. They have suggested a Japanese root called Dong Quai and a plant called Angus Castus, Women that have taken these herbs had started ovulating from 1-6 weeks. So I decided to give it a go!

I took 4 Dong Quai and 1 angus castus a day, within in 1 week I was getting cramps....
And within 10 days I had ovulated ( I bought a clear blue ovulation monitor )
AMAZING RIGHT??? IT WORKED!!

The first time I ovulated we was visiting a very close friend in Cornwall and he has a tiny house with thin walls... so we decided against DTD that cycle as were not the quietest of people...
AF finally arrived on the 16th of this month, I'm on my final day ( I think )
Which means I should ovulate on the 30th of this month,
The 29th -31st im visiting my nan and grandad , and staying at their house for a few nights!!
Yet again, small house , loud sex and grandparents that , even though im married dont like us sharing a bed...
What do I do? Do we try and be quiet ..
or mis ANOTHER cycle?

What would you do?

Thanks for reading :)

It wouldn't hurt after so long on contraception to let your body have another natural cycle, just so it's fully prepped! Xxxxz

Maybe DTD on the floor rather than the bed, it makes less noise, lol.

Yeah I'd just keep quiet! And do it in the run up to going away. I keep planning roughly when I should be BD and I'm sure my body does completely different every time. I've just started using a fertility monitor and it's done nothing but confuse me more!

You have extraordinary self control if you're able to skip 2 cycles! We go on the floor when we need to be quiet! Carpet burns maybe but at least you've had a shot at it :) Good luck and amazing result on the ov front - you must be relieved! xx

We have decided to be quiet.... there wasn't much persuading on the husbands part haha!
Yeah im so happy i found the vitamins and suff, so many women wait alot longer to start up again. Spread the word!!! :D

Go for it. Trying to DTD quietly is actually kinda fun. Its not often DTD with your spouse has that 'forbidden' aspect to it so enjoy it.

Also, you're only just starting out. Don't feel so restricted to your ovulation date. Most women's bodies do not operate like clockwork - you could easily ovulate a day or two around that date.

(After 18 months of TTC unsuccesfully, the month that actually worked for us was a month we were NOT trying, and DTD only once - 8 days before I was due to ovulate.)

Wow Sammielou! Its funny how it works out right?
I have a ovulation monitor im using it every day to see when I ov.
Were just kinda doing it as much as we want but especially on my ov dates, The other half isn't complaining ;)

I would cancel or at least re-schedule the visit. Sex in a house where a married couple aren't even allowed to share a bed? Awkward!

Do it anyway! Try and keep quiet but if the bed makes noise, go to the floor lol. It works wonders when it's a noisey bed. Hehe. Good luck xxx

I would cancel or at least re-schedule the visit. Sex in a house where a married couple aren't even allowed to share a bed? Awkward!

Its my best mates wedding, hes been planning it for 3 years, there is no way im cancelling.. Ive spent a fortune on a dress ;)

Well in that case, good luck with being quiet. I hope they don't catch you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back