Newbie - TTC

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Ljay, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Ljay

Ljay Well-Known Member

Hey ladies,

I'm new to this and I don't have a clue what half the abbreviations are so please bear with me!

I'm 27 and my husband is 28, we got married 4 weeks ago today. I got the mirena removed on the 11th of June. We are TTC our first.

I was on the mirena for 3 years and before that I was on the injection, before that various pills. I've not had a period properly for as long as I can remember! So I've got no idea of my cycle or when I'm ovulating. I've not had any bleeding since my coil came out. Is it worth buying a ovulation kit? Just to give me an idea of my cycle?

Sorry for the silly questions but I've no idea and no one I can really ask about it!

Lisa x

2. scn

scn Well-Known Member

If you have an active sex life ie every other day throughout the month, I wouldn't stress with opk's just yet, give yourself some months for your body to settle after coming off contraception. It can take a good few months for your cycles to return and regulate when coming off contraception. Good luck xx

3. Ljay

Ljay Well-Known Member

Thanks for replying. I'm just so impatient and so is my husband. I'll carry on with the folic acid then :) x

4. Blanco

Blanco Well-Known Member

If you were to try opk's you could just get done cheapy eBay ones as because you have no cycle as such at the moment you will probably be tempted to pos ( pee on a stick) daily.
    Welcome to the madness by the way x

5. Ljay

Ljay Well-Known Member

Yeah I am to he honest! I've bought a cheaply pack out of Morrisons. So I've been using them now and again. I kind of really want my period to start so I know where I am. I might go buy some off amazon just now :)

I'll need to learn all the abbreviations!

xx

6. T84

T84 Well-Known Member

Google pregnancy forum abbreviations hon its all there and helped me loads at the start. Good luck :) x x