Newbie. TTC with Fibromyalgia.

lj156

Reaction score
Evening ladies!

I'm new to all this, got my implant out yesterday and Not-Husband and I are wanting to try for baby number 1 between us
We both have 3 year olds from previous relationships.
We're both SUPER excited. He's a great dad and we both love our family but want to complete it.
However, I've just been diagnosed with fibro, has anyone else?
I'm LJ btw!

Hope to speak and get to know you all!

xx

Hello and welcome :D I am sure there will be someone else on here with it and can give you a bit of advice or support

Welcome :) I don't have fibromyalgia but just wanted to wish you luck xx

Good luck LJ, I'm also TTC #1.. I've read a bit about fibro as my doc almost diagnosed me with it but in the end it turned out to be something else - does it affect TTC in any way?xxx

I have had Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue since I was a teen. It has improved over the years but never gone away totally. I was worried about it when I got pregnant with our 1st but have coped fine. I have good support from OH and he helps me get a bit of extra rest etc when I really need it. It hasn't been as hard as I expected. For some reason pregnancy actually seems to agree with me pain wise. Maybe because the hormones help relax everything? I have had issues with severe sickness and high bp during pregnancy but we just dealt with one thing at a time. When you are used to chronic health problems you get used to finding ways to deal with it. It was harder in the early days when I was still getting used to being unwell. I was worse than I am now and didn't know how to make the most out of things without overdoing it and making myself even worse. Lots of rest, a healthy diet and gentle exercise seem to be what helped the most to build my strength up. I admit tge newborn stage was pretty hard because of the lack of sleep and the fact that DD would never let me put her down but we got through it. DD is now 3 and I am pregnant with our 3rd, so it cant have been that bad :).

Hope TTC goes well for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back