Newbie TTC - some questions

HKM1990

Reaction score
Hi all :wave:

Really sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I googled "TTC forum" and this looked like the most friendly place :) Also sorry in advance that I know none of the jargon you see on these types of forum!

I had my last depo in Jan 2016 and my periods finally returned at the start of July. I had 3 periods in 6 weeks (great fun) but since then I have had two periods of roughly the same length at the same time in September and October respectively. No idea of my cycle length or anything yet. My boyfriend and I have decided that we want to start trying for a baby so I downloaded an app which told me my likely fertile window was, well, right there and then based on where I was in my cycle. So we did "it" every day for a week until yesterday (CD 16) when I started bleeding lightly. Now, according to my app I am not due on until 29th October so I was a bit concerned by this. The bleeding was very light yesterday, almost pink and stringy. This morning it was proper blood for a couple of hours but seems to have gone back to the pink/brown/orange stringy stuff. I'm not a big fan of Dr Google because it's always either cancer, cancer or a whif of cancer, so I thought I'd turn to ladies who may have experience with something similar.

Any advice on what this could be? Early period? Too much sex?! I had a bit of breakthrough bleeding towards the end of my cycle last month but didn't give it much thought at the time. Just thought I was still settling down after depo.

I have been peeing on the Clear Blue ovulation sticks every morning and for the last 3 days have had flashing smileys, no solid smiley as yet. Maybe I've missed my fertile window this month? I'm very new to this - it's odd going from spending the last 10 years desperately trying not to conceive to the total opposite now!

Feel I should also mention that today I feel a bit blurgh and really tired. Had a couple of twinges where my ovaries probably are. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing?!

I am 26 and generally healthy.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Hannah

Last edited:
Heyyyyyy Hannah! The only thing I can think of is that it's an implantation bleed but I'm no expert. Welcome to the forum :wave:

Heyyyyy Kumber :) hmmm perhaps, I think it's a little early though? But I'm no expert.

Still got some pinky discharge today but barely anything, only there when I've wiped once or twice today (sorry, TMI)

Not sure if I could be concerned or not?

It takes anything from 3-5 days to implant after fertilisation but you can see a bleed immediately or it can take a few days to appear. It could also be an early af if your periods are still settling down. If you're concerned I would get yourself to the gp to be sure but if you're happy to wait, I'd hang fire for about a week and test around the 29th

Today (CD 19) I have a small amount of dark brown stringy CM, again I am very confused as to whether this is a good/bad/indifferent sign. As it's only my first month TTC I'm not going to speak to my GP but just wait and see what happens. Just going to wait and see if AF arrives and maybe take a test a few days before the 29th. Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back