Newbie. Pregnancy symptoms and help

SSo2

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to all this and tried searching for some advice but couldn't understand all the codes used. Thought be easier to start a new thread.
Basically I wanted to know
1. Do my symptoms sound like pregnancy ones? I'm peeing a lot more than normal and feeling more thirsty, my lower back is aching, I got a metal taste in my mouth although it's not constantly it was for a few days, I'm so tired I'm sleeping in till late morning at the weekends and napping mid afternoon, I'm eating more but also feel quite sick although I've not been sick. I do have some mild cramping in my lower abdomen, it catches me off guard and lasts a few seconds comes and goes during the day. I dont however have sore boobs. My nipples have been more sensitive & ive felt umm like i want 'it' more.... I do feel more bloated. I also embarrassingly have a lot of wind! Burping from errr both ends (politest way I can say it!) I understand this could be normal monthly signs.
2. My period isn't due for another 12 days yet. Is this too early to experience this if I was?

Any help and advice is welcome..
By the way we aren't trying for a baby but we aren't not trying. So if it happens it happens. We will be happy either way as we believe things happen at the right time.

They sound like textbook symptoms from what I've read! I've never been pregnant but I know that everyone's different and that some can feel symptoms very early. Perhaps join the TWW thread along with the rest of us waiting to find out if we really are pregnant!

They sound like textbook symptoms from what I've read! I've never been pregnant but I know that everyone's different and that some can feel symptoms very early. Perhaps join the TWW thread along with the rest of us waiting to find out if we really are pregnant!

What does TWW mean? Sorry I'm new and don't understand the shortened lingo lol

It's two week wait: the wait between ovulation and being able to get a BFP (big fat positive) on a pregnancy test.

Good luck!

Hi, They sound like good symptoms but they are often easy to imagine too. I would say 12 days before your period is too early if your periods are normally regular.

This is because an average luteal phase (the time between when you ovulate (conceive) and when you get your period) is between 11 - 15 days, but you wouldn't get any pregnancy symptoms until around 9 days after ovulation because your body doesn't know it is pregnant until the fertilised egg implants in the lining of your uterus. So the earliest you would expect symptoms is probably around 5 days before your period is due.

Actually if your period isn't due for 12 days, it could even be that you're ovulating right now so you should get to the bedroom ;)

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and have never been pregnant so apologies if there are mistakes above - I've just spent a lot of time googling over the past few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back