Newbie here

Sunnydays

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've just joined here today. My husband and I have been together for 9.5 years and married for 18months and we are now actively ttc. We haven't used any contraction for about 5 years, however we weren't ttc either if that makes sense. I didn't chart dates or ovulation or anything and on average we probably dtd about 1-2 times a months. I'm now slightly nervous that we are ttc and I didn't get pregnant with in those 5 years. I'm hoping that each month we just happened not to dtd on the right days. This is our first month of trying but having never tracked my periods before I don't actually know how regular I am, she arrives every month but I don't know how long my cycle is. (Bad that I don't know isn't it). My husband is 41 and I am 37 so I feel like now we have decided to have a baby that time is not on our side. The first month of trying and I feel obsessed by the whole thing already. Praying that the last 5 years don't actually mean anything. I guess it's all just a waiting game now. Hoping to meet some lovely people here that have the same feelings I do.

hi Sunny, (newbie as well) , for tracking your Cycle why don't you try a phone app? When my husband and I tried conceiving we each got one, try checking your App Store or google play store for an app, I use mydays, it's like a calendar but you input your start period date and end, you chart your temperature and after about 2months it had my cycle down to a T ;) you can give it a try, we actually succeeded a month after trying but unfortunately it didn't stick.

Try an app, it's much cheaper than the clear blue calculating gadget thing, since the apps are free.

Hi there, thanks for your reply. Yes I have downloaded an app, 2 in fact :lol: and they both show ovulation as a different day so wasn't sure how accurate they were but I guess if we dtd as much as poss around that time then we will be covering ourselves. I guess the first stage though is to wait for my next period to see how long my cycle is. I never really realised how much went into baby making.

Hi, welcome to PF.
Lol me and hubby have never used protection, we've been together 6 years aha, and we never got pregnant until we started trying! I think you may have just missed your ovulation days.. after the age of 30 chances of conceiving is 15% each cycle. This could have also played a role.
Using apps are good, but you should get some opks (ovulation predictor kits), you can get 100 from amazon for like 15 pounds.
Have you started taking pre conception vitamins, with folic acid? Xx

Hi Sunnydays and welcome! Good luck! If you think you only have about 5 days a month where you can get pregnant, and even if you have sex bang on those dates then it's still only a 20% chance anyway then it may be that you just haven't been having sex at the right times. Hopefully if you track ovulation then you will have a much better chance :) this is a great forum for advice. Looking forward to chatting with you xx

Hi, welcome to PF.
Lol me and hubby have never used protection, we've been together 6 years aha, and we never got pregnant until we started trying! I think you may have just missed your ovulation days.. after the age of 30 chances of conceiving is 15% each cycle. This could have also played a role.
Using apps are good, but you should get some opks (ovulation predictor kits), you can get 100 from amazon for like 15 pounds.
Have you started taking pre conception vitamins, with folic acid? Xx

Hi peanut butter. Yes I'm hoping that we have just totally missed ovulation days for the last 5 years. Fingers crossed. I have ordered opks, actually from amazon, so I will give them a shot before I start buying the expensive ones. Vitamins are onboard so we are all good to go. Here's hoping. :dance:

Hi Sunnydays and welcome! Good luck! If you think you only have about 5 days a month where you can get pregnant, and even if you have sex bang on those dates then it's still only a 20% chance anyway then it may be that you just haven't been having sex at the right times. Hopefully if you track ovulation then you will have a much better chance :) this is a great forum for advice. Looking forward to chatting with you xx

Hi ams25, and thank you. It's any wonder anybody actually has babies with the odds so low isn't it. I'm feeling so excited but so scared about what the future holds. I'm praying the last 5 years are just missed days and nothing else. Thanks for your reply.

Welcome, Sunnydays!

If you're worried, I think you could probably go straight to your GP and request a few tests. I say this not to alarm you, but because waiting lists are sodding long! I got a LOT of preconception blood tests, mostly to check vitamin and mineral levels, and they made me feel a bit better/told me what I needed to get more of. I felt better for it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back