Newbie ....Frustrated and Confused :-(

Lynnie.x

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm new and looking to see if anyone has any ideas on what's going with me! Basically me and my man have been ttc since april and now I've not had a period in 9 weeks! Done 2 HPTs about 2-3 wks ago and both were negative, so decided to wait for a while and visited the gp on wednesday who asked me to hand in a urine sample. Got the results today, BFN!!!! And to top it all my best mate announces she got BFP this morning, I'm happy for her but frustrated with myself. Just felt like crying all day :-( Anyone had anything similar? Thanks in advance xxx

Orr that's crap hun, I have never been that late before but few ladies on here have. Know how u feel re other people gettin preg, we paint a smile but deep dwn it hurts. Your time will come xx

Thanks, I've been late before but not this bloomin late! It helps to see there's lots of ladies supporting each other & there seems like a lot of good info on here :) Will just have to keep trying, think because I had a lot of symptoms too its just put me on a bit of a downer today but fx it will happen soon xxx

It is really supportive, iv not been a member long but feel like iv been here forever lol! It's good just to be able to chat to others rather that the OH...hehe...you using anything to help u concieve? Welcome and good luck x

Yeah it can't be good for him seeing me so down :-( used the ovulation sticks for a while but could never get a positive result so decided to leave it to mother nature but she's not being kind lol I would like to give charting a go but don't know where to start with my body being all over the place at the moment! Any suggestions on anything else that could help?xxx

How regular are your cycles?
I have no advice but keep trying, your not out yet :) x

Iv just invested in the clear blue fertility monitor, yeah its a bit pricey but its so easy to use and it gave me a peak first mnth using it which basically means lots of bd'ing as ur most fertile, it measures the hormones I release. I'd recommend it...eBay ur best bet. I'm also takin pregna care conception, agnus castus is meant to be good for irregular cycles, lots on here use it x

They are usually about 4-5 wks! Is there somewhere on here with the abbreviations used, like I know the basics, but just so I know what everything stands for? Lol xxx

Forum support and testing hun, has a list of abbreviations, ull get used to it ;-)

They are usually about 4-5 wks! Is there somewhere on here with the abbreviations used, like I know the basics, but just so I know what everything stands for? Lol xxx

Could be just a blip.

Did you use contraceptives before ttc? I only ask as sometimes it can take months to get out of your system.x

I was on the combined pill but that was ages ago! I think it may have been stress with studying and moving house, its all I can put it down to, its just so easy to get your hopes up :-( I feel so much better already just for chatting, thanks ladies xxx

Welcome to PF I have found it really useful since I joined and I'm sire that you will too. It's not nice hearing about friends getting BFP ( big fat positive) when you are TTC ( trying to conceive ) but I'm sure that your time will come. I have been using the OPKs and previously missed my surge when I was just testing once a day this month I tested 3 times per day for a week before I was due to ovulate and I had one surge at 4pm.... Nothing then at 6pm or 10pm so it might be worth trying to test a couple of times a day. I have heard the clear blue fertility monitors are great and my friend just found out she was pregnant after using it for one month!

best of luck to you I'm sure your BFP is around the corner xxxxxx

You ladies are just fab!! Your positivity has totally lifted my mood :-D Will maybe take a month just to get to know my body and maybe give charting a go! So the day I take my period will be cd1?xxx

You ladies are just fab!! Your positivity has totally lifted my mood :-D Will maybe take a month just to get to know my body and maybe give charting a go! So the day I take my period will be cd1?xxx

Yeah that's right hun, ull get ur bfp before u know it xx

Welcome to the forum :) I'm quite new myself.... I think stress can effect your periods, so it could be that. It's a good idea to get to know your body. I've been using Fertility friend to chart and they also do lessons to teach all the stuff you need to know - I'm getting one lesson emailed to me each day and I've already learned so much. It's so hard when everyone around you seems to find it all so easy to conceive isn't it.... Wishing you luck and feel free to post any time as there is always someone willing to help/sympathise etc.... xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back