Newbie but

ams25

Reaction score
Also an oldie! Sorry for random title, it posted before I'd finished typing :)

Hi everyone, I guess I'm back in here! I've used this forum in 2012 and 2015 TTC my 2 little boys and now TTC baby number 3. I got pregnant again for the 3rd time in March this year when my youngest was just 5 months old, we wanted a small age gap for number 3 but I must admit I didn't expect to get pregnant so quickly as I'd only just stopped breastfeeding. We were very excited when got over the shock, looking at double prams etc, but that pregnancy sadly ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks which was very hard to deal with :( After having no problems with my first 2 pregnancies i didn't expect it at all, I just assumed everything would be fine again. I now realise how massively lucky I was to have no problems previously.

Anyway we've just finished 3rd cycle ttc after miscarriage and the witch got me today so I guess we're onto cycle 4... another new experience as I got pregnant very quickly with my 3 previous pregnancies, again I now realise how incredibly lucky I have been in the past. Can't help worrying that something might be wrong with me, like the MC has messed up my body and hormones still all to pot, but just got to keep going! My work won't be very happy if I have another maternity leave any time soon but I am so broody! Number 3 is definitely our last :)

Looking forward to chatting with you all xx

Last edited:
Well I must say this forum isn't as welcoming as it used to be when I've used it in the past! :( xx

Welcome back honey xx

I'm sorry to hear about your mc :-( Although they say that a mc makes you more fertile, I'm sure it can mess up your hormones too. Mine was only a chemical pregnancy and that messed up my cycles for a few months!

Might be worth getting some OPKs if it's all over the place so you don't miss ovulation? They say there is only a 25% chance of it happening each month if you are both perfectly healthy so keep at it lovely.

Good luck xxx

Oh I never saw this post, welcome back.
I'm a complete newbie and have been welcomed nicely, so maybe this was a one off!
I guess a mc can mess up your hormones quite a bit, so it could be a good idea to start using opk's just to get a feel of when you are ovulating.

Thanks ladies <3 sorry for the snippy post this morning... I think the forum is maybe A bit quieter than it used to be plus AF is making me VERY hormonal and fed up!

Yes I heard people are meant to be more fertile after a MC too, it's definitely not been the case for me. My cycles went back to my normal length within the first month and I've been using OPK ' S but only getting an 'almost - positive' on them, not a proper dark positive, so I'm wondering if I'm not actually ovulating properly maybe? Just ordered the next job lot of 50 haha.

Phonixgirl really sorry to hear about your CP aswell :( such a horrible thing to go through isn't it, especially I can see your history in your signature... got everything crossed for you that your sticky bean is just around the corner xx

Valentina thankyou... good luck for testing in a couple of days! Z

Hi ams25, sorry to hear of your loss, I had an ectopic in April and wanting to give my little boy who is 3 a sibling. I'm due my AF on Saturdayish and I suppose time will tell if we've been successful this month, although I doubt it! I hope your TTC journey is a short one! X x

Thanks lovely. My cycles were sooo messed up but I have nice 28 day cycles now with cm which has got to be a plus, even if I don't have a baby.

Is it worth temping to see what's going on? My thermometer was only £5.99 from Babymad on Amazon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back