Newbie..& already frustrated!

Glittergirl84

Reaction score
Hello!

I am completely new to all this! But I was driving myself crazy so thought this is a good place to find other people in the same position and hopefully gain my sanity back. :oooo: I got married in March and and we have been trying since then but only really been tracking and trying when I'm ovulating for the last 3 months. At first I was fine and was like it will happen soon and now I'm like why is it not happening?! Logically I know you have a 20% chance every month and it take most couples a year but it doesn't help and I keep thinking - is there a problem? Will it ever happen?! We have started using the clear blue digital ovulation kits which is helpful! Any people in the same boat with these irrational thoughts?! Sorry if I sound mad! :wave::wave:

You don't sound mad, I think when you want something so badly it's hard for it not to consume you and a lot of people get bogged down in the nitty gritty of baby making! Something that should be so simple causes so many of us such pain and aggravation.. Try and relax a little as getting anxious and stressed every month isn't going to be helpful, perhaps it's just because it's all so new (and probably very exciting!) your brain is going into overdrive.. Best of luck to you, I hope your wait isn't too long, my heart goes out to so many ladies on here who have struggled for years.. You'll find some fantastic advice and support here xx

Hey I was exactly the same, we started ttc in February and I just thought it would happen there and then. I got mad with tracking things then convinced myself that I didn't ovulate from my left side as I never had pain, so the month it was my left side I was like I give up and I went out to lots of party's had a really good time and then was shocked when I got a positive. I know when you're trying the worst words someone can say to you is relax it will happen one day, but I really think that's how we got our positive.
Sending out baby dust and I hope you get your bfp soon x

Thanks guys! I did feel better even putting it on here! Felt like a relief, thanks for your advice I think I will try, I know easier said than done to chill and relax and not read into things too much! Fingers crossed for exciting times ahead! Xx

Hi Glittergirl84! Yes, I'm experiencing the full-on crazy. I have no real help to offer, just commiseration. Yesterday a total stranger asked me a) did I have kids b) why I didn't want kids (because if you want them, you have them, right?!) and then c) how long I'd been trying.

I may have said some rude things to her. Quite loudly. Now that I think about it, that kind of helped!

I hope you find more socially acceptable ways to relieve the tension! :D

Not crazy. I knew that my body would take some time to come off of the pill, yet two months in I cried when I came on my period. Bloody daft!! I think we have to really want before we'll make the huge step of TTC and so by that point we want it straight away!! I'm nearly a year in now and so frustrated.

Hi Glittergirl84! Yes, I'm experiencing the full-on crazy. I have no real help to offer, just commiseration. Yesterday a total stranger asked me a) did I have kids b) why I didn't want kids (because if you want them, you have them, right?!) and then c) how long I'd been trying.

I may have said some rude things to her. Quite loudly. Now that I think about it, that kind of helped!

I hope you find more socially acceptable ways to relieve the tension! :D

LOL!!! Love it.

Ha! Love it it's mental isn't it?! I'm on holiday at the moment and feeling a bit low as my period is due and think it might be early! Thanks coolnomore - it is really no one else's business but why does everyone feel the need to comment?! At social gatherings now I feel I HAVE to drink to prove I'm not...When really I don't want to be drinking for health reasons but then I have too! It's mad! ������ Xx

At social gatherings now I feel I HAVE to drink to prove I'm not...When really I don't want to be drinking for health reasons but then I have too! It's mad! ������ Xx

Totally get that. I am renound for drinking very very rarely- practically tea total and when my husbands step father came to see us I felt totally forced into having one drink because he is A) obsessed with me having a baby and B) a huge massive drinker and tries to push me to be the same. I felt like I had no option to drink just to prove to him that I wasnt pregnant so I could avoid the talk from him

We have been trying for 6 months now and I have done so much temping, OPKs etc the works and I riled against everyone telling me to relax it will happen. I would get so frustrated when people said just DTD whenever and it will eventually will happen. With a very long and irregular periods and the fact I am 35 at the end of the year I was so anxious that if I didn't know when I was ovulating I would never hit it and therefore I would never get pregnant.

This time round (I am CD40 today) once AF has been and gone, we are going to try a different tack. We will BD every other day which should mean that we do hit my Ov days and if I dont know when I am Oving I wont be putting that pressure on myself. It has taken me this long to stop being so annoyed with all my friends who didnt struggle to get pregnant and were telling me to relax. I know now that stressing myself out didnt work for us so its time to be less obsessive this month. Hopefully if I am not as anxious it will be better

My husband found it hilarious to suggest we should just get drunk and have a fumble somewhere since that seems to work for most of the Jeremy Kyle guests who get pregnant! Not sure when I said relaxed approach I meant that much!

Hello Glittergirl & Hello everyone

I am also completely new to this and have been stalking all ttc boards for months now never really knowing what to write myself. I am only just starting to understand all the abbreviations lol.

I am 33 and my lovely fiancé is 31 and we have been ttc since Aug 2015 with no luck yet.

Just wanted to drop by and say you are not alone and we came all be crazy together.

Good Luck and babydust to you all xxxx

Gem

I am also completely new to this and have been stalking all ttc boards for months now never really knowing what to write myself.

Oh good, I've been reading this site for ages, too scared to write anything! Let's embrace the crazy together :D

Hi my hubby and i have been trying to get pregnant. We had a miscarriage in May. My ovulating seems to be a little wack. I was to start my period on Aug 19th. On Wednesday the 17th i started bleeding slightly for 2 days. I am a heavy girl 5 days of heavy bleeding so this is weird. I have most ALL even weird pregnancy symptoms. I have taken several home pregnancy test that all come back negative. Today 8/27 i went out to ER with horrible headache, dizzy, lightheaded, nausea, and stomach pains lower down. They did a urine test and blood pregnancy tests that both came back neg. All the other tests came back fine too. Has anyone had this?? Could i be pregnant? With all 3 of my last babies my pregnancy tests did not come back positive until 2 weeks after i thought they should. And i had all of my babies at least 2 weeks early. It has been so long tho my baby is 8 so i don't remember.

I am also completely new to this and have been stalking all ttc boards for months now never really knowing what to write myself. I am only just starting to understand all the abbreviations lol.

I am 33 and my lovely fiancé is 31 and we have been ttc since Aug 2015 with no luck yet.

Just wanted to drop by and say you are not alone and we came all be crazy together.

Gem

LOL! I'm new to these boards too and I have to Google all of these abbreviations, it's like Greek to me. Hahaha! :lol: It took a long time to figure out what OH meant then I Googled it.

Gem

LOL! I'm new to these boards too and I have to Google all of these abbreviations, it's like Greek to me. Hahaha! :lol: It took a long time to figure out what OH meant then I Googled it.

Lol. I am just starting to get the hang of it now. My OH is Greek and he has no idea about any of it haha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back