New, worried and feeling strange

Steelers fan

Reaction score
Hi, I am 9 weeks on Monday. I have had 2 scans already due to the drugs i have been taking to get pregnant. Everything seems to be going ok although I am very worried all the time. I get tummy pains and feel constantly tired. I had a m/c in October and I really don't think I will settle until these first 12 weeks are over. Anyone else out there feel the same? Do you feel like your going mad? I can't think of anything else at the moment. If anyone wants to chat that would be great.

Hi there

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your pregnancy.

You're not alone - I'm constantly worried about something going wrong, I've also had some mild cramping sensations that have lasted about 20min but they're only light so I'm hoping they are stretching pains (I'm going to get them checked out this week though).

I keep telling myself I'm going to have to be a lot more patient as my baby isn't due until the end of Jan 06 so I'm gonna have to learn to chill out abit (easily said than done) so like you I'll be relieved to get past 12 weeks.

Take care

Lucy

Thanks for replying Lucy, were you trying for alongtime before you got caught? I am 35 this month and I just keep thinking if things go wrong then the chances are there won't be a next time. Its so strange I was really positive all the time we were trying but as soon as I get there I can't stop worrying. I want to be really excited too and start searching the shops but I am also trying to be sensible. How very odd this business is!!!!!! Is this your first? I am also not due until Jan 06 it seems miles away. Good job we don't have to get through a long hot summer eh?
It would be great to keep in touch and have someone who is about the same stage to chat to. Have you seen the midwife yet? Heres hoping your in good health. Tracy x

Steelers fan said:
Hi, I am 9 weeks on Monday. I have had 2 scans already due to the drugs i have been taking to get pregnant. Everything seems to be going ok although I am very worried all the time. I get tummy pains and feel constantly tired. I had a m/c in October and I really don't think I will settle until these first 12 weeks are over. Anyone else out there feel the same? Do you feel like your going mad? I can't think of anything else at the moment. If anyone wants to chat that would be great.

Hi Steelers Fan.

I know exactly how you feel. I have already had 2 scans in my 7th week of pregnancy, though it was due to pain and bleeeding, not fertility drugs. I am 8 weeks today. I'm still worried something will go wrong like when I see blood I don't know whether it's from 'there' or or what. I keep telling myself the pains I get are growing pains because they couldn't find anything else wrong with me. I m/c in September 04 and also July 04. I worry most of the time about my baby. But things are starting to settle, and just think, it's not long now till you are out of the 'danger' zone.

Hope this reassures you that you're feelings aren't alone hun.

xx

Hi again

This forum is great for us all to keep in touch, there's quite a few of us all due in January so there's lots of support to go round.

We had only been trying a couple of months but it still surprised me to get the BFP as my cycles had been all over the place due to coming off the bcp, and this is also our first.

I'm not due to see the midwife until mid July but I'm going to see the GP tomorrow as I have something else to see him about but it will be good to be able to ask some questions!

Take care,

Lucy

Welcome to this great place. You will soon realise you are not alone and that your feelings and symptoms may be more common than you think.

I thought i was going mad before I joined one of these forums, I had aches and pains and was a bit depressed, but as the weeks go on I feel better.

12 weeks is a great milestone, will be thinking of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back