New to Tri 1 - advice needed.

MelC2011

Reaction score
Hey ladies, so I got my first ever bfp yesterday after 17 months of trying and my question is when should I call the GP.

Do I do this straight away or wait a while?

Many thanks xx

Tri hopping here! I got my BFP on a Saturday and rang Monday morning. They gave me an appt for Wednesday. The GP didn't do a test and just took my word that I'd had a positive test. She took my blood pressure and asked me where I wanted to deliver baby!! That was a bit of a strange question to answer when you're only 5 weeks pregnant. I then got told to pick up some green notes from the desk (these notes will be with you for the entire pregnancy) and make a midwife appt.

I know this can be done differently in different places. Some ladies seem to have to wait for a midwife to call and give them an appointment and some don't get the green notes until their first appointment with the midwife.

Huge congratulations on your BFP!!

Congratulations. I'd ring ASAP.

Ooh thanks for the replies. Will call then tonight.
Huge congratulations to you guys too :) xx

Congrats on your BFP and welcome to 1st tri! Myself I waited a week but only because I had a chemical pregnancy last year. They then usually take your details and either pass your number on to the midwife or they ask you to ring but I don't think it will be for a few weeks until you see a midwife. My doctors or my old doctors don't do pregnancy tests either. Congrats again xx

I went to the docs a week or so after my BFP. I was about 5 weeks, and had to ring to make the midwife appointment myself - they wont see us until we are 10 weeks in my areas, and it seems like sooo long to wait - got my appointment next Thurs!

Congrats!

xx

I'm the same as milly- midwife doesn't see anyone till circa 10 weeks unless high risk -

I went to docs after a week- wanted to just make sure I was as I knew day after period due- and now at 8 weeks its dragging like hell lol zzzzzz midwife next Wednesday as I'm away on business when she wanted to see me!

Hi hun, congratulations.

Did you have a lap and dye op?? or am i thinking of sumone else??

Michelle. x

Hi hun, congratulations.

Did you have a lap and dye op?? or am i thinking of sumone else??

Michelle. x

Hey Michelle, yes it was me (and probably others as well).
Had the op on 22nd April and voila :)

How are things going with you? How are your symptoms?
xx

Congratulations :) I'd ring straight away!

I saw my midwife a few days later at a pre-booking :D and I'm seeing her again for a screening in 11 days time when I'll be almost 8+3 xxx

Congratulations :) I rang and made an appointment once I'd had a really strong BFP - had an appointment with my GP who checked blood pressure and stuff and made me an initial midwife appointment for the following week - I'd definitely get things going early, especially when you've been trying so long! Xxx

Congratulations on your BFP! I made an appointment for when I was 5 weeks + 1

Thanks everyone.
Still in shock that I'm finally here.

Huge congratulations to everyone else too xx

Hey hun, thought it was you!!!

I only say because i had an early scan as they thought with me having the op just 8wks before it was best so i wud defo let the docs know asap so they can hopefully get you one too.

Im off work coz sickness was so bad but getting there now and finally starting to enjoy being pg.

So nice to see you in here.

Michelle. x

Hey nice to hear from you hun - can't believe your 11 weeks already :)

Really sorry to hear about the sickness - when did it start for you?
That's one of the things I'm scared of as then everyone will find out at work.

Pleased to hear your starting to enjoy being pregnant, never realised it'll be such a worrying time.

Will call the docs tomorrow and see what they say.

xx

The sickness started i think about 7ish wks i cant really remember now all days have blurred into one lol!!

I hope you wont suffer so bad hun, i think it was more because i had other health issues to start with.

I am so excited and scared i cant wait for my next scan just want to see that all is ok.

Let us know what the docs say.

Michelle. x

congratulations on your BFP I went to my doctors at 5wks and he sends details to midwife and they will write to me with appointment date...so just waiting now lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back