New to this and needing some advice

Mae97

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to this, and am looking for some honest advice. I'm sorry if I don't use the correct abbreviations for things, I am still learning.

My period was due the 21st of this month, and has yet to show. My cycle is very regular for the most part (occasionally a day or two late) and this is not normal for me. I had unprotected sex 3-4 days after my ovulation time, but my SO pulled out. We are generally quite diligent about using protection, except for this one time..

I got general signs of PMS the week before my period, (slightly larger breasts, moodiness, acne) and assumed my period would be on time. I have yet to get it, and am still experiencing these symptoms, as well as some slight nausea at times. Last night I experienced some light brown discharge, which I thought was the beginning of my period, but it did not show today. Instead, today, I have had some very light pink discharge when I wipe.

I have been checking my cervix in the mornings, and it was low, hard, and open when I was expecting my period, up until today when it became high and closed.

I took a pregnancy test on the 3rd missed day, and it was negative. I will be taking another test tomorrow if my period does not show.

What do any of you think could be going on? Is there a chance I could be pregnant?

Thank you so much.

Its looking very hopeful - Id give it another day or two if AF doesnt show and test again.

Thanks for your reply! I'm not sure if we are ready for a baby at the moment, we definitely weren't planning one yet, but if it happens then it must have been meant to :)

How sure are you of your ovulation date? 3-4 days after would be too late and a negative pregnancy test 3 days after period due would be unusual although certainly not unheard of. There are loads of reasons people miss periods, if you continue to get negative tests perhaps see a doctor?

Good luck.

I am not 100% sure on my ovulation date. I've been thinking it would've been too late as well, but I have also never missed a period..

In which case you may well have ovulated later than you think so it is a possibility. Sometimes our bodies surprise us by doing new things, when I started ttc (I realise you're not actively trying) my body did quite a few new things that threw me completely. Unfortunately all you can do is test again tomorrow if you still haven't started your period and then maybe see a doctor if still negative.

Yup, I'm going to test again tomorrow morning. I will be a week late for my period so I am counting on the test being correct. I got a clearblue this time, hopefully it works better

Got a negative test result this morning. I'm going to guess that I'm not pregnant, I'm a week late and the test should be accurate by now. I am puzzled though as to why it hasn't come yet, my periods are very regular.

I'm literally in the same position. My cycle days vary between 27 and 31 days. Am now on day 35. Tested on day 32 negative and this morning negative. I've never been his late either.... Feeling sick quite a bit and dull faint period pains for about a week. It's driving me crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back