New to the ttc forum and advice needed

Nikki8

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm new to the forum and was looking for advice reassurance.

My husband and I have been trying for 4 months to conceive but with no avail.
I've never been on the pill so I though it would have been a case of getting pregnant straight away which all my friends who were on the pill managed to do (so jealous).

I'd always had a regimented cycle of 26 days and a period lasting 3 days, so again I calculated out my fertile days and expected to get pregnant soon (I am a scientist so this seemed like a logical plan to me).

However as I said, no positive results. This cycle I decided to take the clear blue ovulation tests, unfortunately I pee'd on those stuck every morning and didn't get a smily face once. This is I am now concerned that I am not ovulating. I've been keeping an eye on my CM and there aren't any drastic changes as you see on the websites but there are little changes which again worried me into thinking that I am not ovulating.

I have an additional concern. I suffered from bulimia for a few years, although my period didn't disappear I wonder if I've done some lasting damage to my fertility?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Nikki

Hi ladies,

I'm new to the forum and was looking for advice reassurance.

My husband and I have been trying for 4 months to conceive but with no avail.
I've never been on the pill so I though it would have been a case of getting pregnant straight away which all my friends who were on the pill managed to do (so jealous).

I'd always had a regimented cycle of 26 days and a period lasting 3 days, so again I calculated out my fertile days and expected to get pregnant soon (I am a scientist so this seemed like a logical plan to me).

However as I said, no positive results. This cycle I decided to take the clear blue ovulation tests, unfortunately I pee'd on those stuck every morning and didn't get a smily face once. This is I am now concerned that I am not ovulating. I've been keeping an eye on my CM and there aren't any drastic changes as you see on the websites but there are little changes which again worried me into thinking that I am not ovulating.

I have an additional concern. I suffered from bulimia for a few years, although my period didn't disappear I wonder if I've done some lasting damage to my fertility?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Nikki

Hi nikki, you have definately come to the right place. Everyone is helpful here. It's sooo annoying, you've done all the right things but still nothing.... Lots of us are like that on here. It just takes one time catch on tho, sometimes it's just luck I think. As for the opk's (ovulation tests) I would try them again for another month, maybe try another brand? Not sure about the bulimia, but sorry you went through that! :-( x x

Thank you T84.

I'll try again - I hate being this impatient!! It will all be worth it in the end :)

Nikki x

Hi there, what cd did you start using the opks? I wonder of you missed it? I would expect you to get a smiley cd10 or 11 with a 26 day cycle xx

I agree with Dee. Before my mc I had a 24/26 day cycle and I ovulated anywhere between cd10 and cd12, so could be you have missed it. I always started testing with opk's from cd7 to make sure I didn't miss it. Try again this month and start early to be sure.

Thanks both, the kit insert said to start day 9, but you could be right with such a short period it maybe earlier than day 9, I think I'll start testing from day 4 next month see how I get along, hopefully I'll catch it next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back