New to forums!!

hi Maisy, congrats on the wedding, we have been married since june 2012 wanted one more big holiday so went in September and have been trying ever since!! what is conceive plus?

Jaydep take your temp first thing in the am before even getting up literally the first thing you do, when you ovulate your temp will go up and stay up until your next cycle starts xx

Hi Laura07

Awww I love holidays! :) it's a sperm friendly lubricant, google it to find out more. It has some amazing reviews! I hope it works for me! I know it hasn't been long but it feels like forever!!

I know that feeling I think because I have always wanted to be a mummy and we waited for the ever elusive right time!! 2014 will be our year!!! It's the first time we don't have any plans in years too so I have nothing to distract myself with!!! Xx

Good Luck Laura07 let me know if you have any
luck! :)

ok ill will defo start temping when i get my new cycle, im still havent got af? :/

Hi Laura,

My name's (also) Laura and I've been trying to conceive since September as well, it's also my first time using a forum...would be fab to share any tips/insights as and when we get them!

Lx

hi Laura that would be great, how are you getting on so far? have you been doing anything specific or just going with the flow?

Lx

I've been trying to be 'relaxed' and just go with the flow...and failing miserably! I'm taking folic acid and using one of those apps (well 3 of them actually!) to track cycles but haven't done anything re alcohol/caffeine/diet etc. so I'm not too bad!

I did try the OPK sticks for the first time last month as I wanted to check I was ovulating after so long on the pill but I just read somewhere else you still might not be ovulating even if you get the hormone surge! It showed I had the LH surge quite late - cd 25 of a 37 day cycle which is useful to know but think for next few months we're going back to basics and try and ignore all the facts!

how about you?

Lx

I didn't even get to the relaxed stage!!! I stopped the pill in June and started to try in sept when we went to Cuba I have been monitoring ever since in seems each mth I add something!!! I only have 2 apps so your ahead of the game there!! same as you with the folic acid but no changes to the diet, I did loose two stone last year and when I went to the gp she told me to put some on so cant win!! I have been using the opks but im not sure I trust them some I have never had a positive result from them only faint lines.
im hoping I will get to a stage where I cant be bothered with it and it helps me relax more have taken up Yoga to aid in the relaxing I went for the first time last week really enjoyed it but felt like a naughty school girl when it all went quiet I just wanted to giggle!!! I normally do circuit training and trail running so yoga is a bit different for me xx

Do your ovulation tests late at night, they work at night, I used to do them in the mornings and they were always negative, about now is the perfect time. Just before you go to bed! ;-) I got a positive last night xxx

Hi I'm Leanne, I shall be 33 next month.
I'm new to the forums, I'm 10+6 wks with my first pregnancy.
Never thought it would happen, had major issues with my cycle in 2012, came off contraception march 2013 and was only having a 3 week cycle. Between sept and cot went 4 wks (first time in 18 months or more) and found out I was 4wks preg 29th no after having blood tests done in first 5 days and on day 21 of cycle. So to those waiting and trying it does happen :).

Looking forward to chatting to you all

I didn't even get to the relaxed stage!!! I stopped the pill in June and started to try in sept when we went to Cuba I have been monitoring ever since in seems each mth I add something!!! I only have 2 apps so your ahead of the game there!! same as you with the folic acid but no changes to the diet, I did loose two stone last year and when I went to the gp she told me to put some on so cant win!! I have been using the opks but im not sure I trust them some I have never had a positive result from them only faint lines.
im hoping I will get to a stage where I cant be bothered with it and it helps me relax more have taken up Yoga to aid in the relaxing I went for the first time last week really enjoyed it but felt like a naughty school girl when it all went quiet I just wanted to giggle!!! I normally do circuit training and trail running so yoga is a bit different for me xx

Lol we sound very similar - I've been adding something in each month as well!
It's difficult to relax when it's all you want - it's one of the only things you can't make happen for yourself and that's frustrating! My hubbie was getting a bit put off by the peeing on sticks etc. so I think we'll enjoy the process more if I try not to do that for a couple of months (try being the operative word!).

I'm slightly regretting leaving it so long to come off the pill - we got married in September 2012 and said we'd have a crazy year of fun (which we did we went to Australia, New York, Cape Verde, Isle of Skye) but I only came off the pill in July..wish I'd come off straight after we got married and just been careful, feel like I'd have had a head start then!

I was doing the OPK sticks for about 10 days (lucky they're cheap on ebay!) and I did them twice a day and was getting the faint lines..I was about to give up when I got the strong readings - I did those at about 6pm, lots of places say 2pm is ideal time but i found early evening was best. Might be worth extending time period you do them for in case you ovulate early/late in the cycle?

LOL about yoga - i went to a 'power yoga' class and was the naughty kid at the back giggling away...I haven't been back! I do spin and tabata classes to try and stay in shape - just got to whip dh into shape as well!

Lx

PS Sorry my replies are FAR too long it's like a mini essay each time!

Do your ovulation tests late at night, they work at night, I used to do them in the mornings and they were always negative, about now is the perfect time. Just before you go to bed! ;-) I got a positive last night xxx

Good Luck Maisy!! x :)

Well I wish you luck with the not trying to try!!! Now if you had been present at the convo me and the oh had about cm now that was interesting!!!!

I feel the same about coming off the pill I try to justify it to myself that if we had got pregnant earlier then we wouldn't have been able to enjoy or go to Cuba ( I have to remind myself of this a lot)

Im on cd 61 now I keep using the OPKs just encase will try and do it late at night thanks Maisy for the tip!

I have never heard of Tabata im intrigued?

your msgs are great!! I agree seems like we have a lot in common :)

im having what I think might be ov twinges today if not I have been doing too much exercise!! im hoping that's what it is I have waited long enough this cycle!!

Tabatas just like intense circuits-one exercise for 20 seconds with 10 second rest and repeat 4/6/8 times depending on the instructor then onto the next non-stop for 45 minutes! Just finished the class-I hate it but love it!

Lol I cannot imagine having that convo-was bad enough when my oh walked in the bathroom and I was sitting on the loo with a glass of wee in one hand and a stick in the other!

Wow are your cycles always that long or do they vary? I read on another forum when I came off the pill about a girl that had a 90 day plus cycle...not helpful but sometimes helps knowing you're not alone. Did you go to Gp about them? I had a 42 day one but they seem to now have settled around 36 days.

Keeping fx crossesd it's heading in the right direction for you!

Lx

oh that sounds like hard work, I went back to yoga last night nearly dead when she said we were doing inversions!!
this is the longest so far they have been between 34-48 days previously 90 days I would be going mental this is bad enough!! I did go to the gp two weeks ago she said it was normal, I felt like she was fobbing me off I have booked to go back but cant get in till the 6th. on a lighter note my temp has changed in the last couple of days so im hoping that still means I have ovulated ( I may be clutching at straws but its made me feel better!)

thanks for the positive thought how are things going for you?

Lxx

No I think that sounds really positive, fx it happened! Does sound like a mini fob off-I was worried about length of mine and everything I read said up to 40 days okay but see doctor if over that.
Things are okay, I'm on cd5, AF finished today...I kinda hate this part because I still have like another 2-3 weeks before I'm back in the game (so to speak!) but I'm doing quite well abandoned the app (had to check just there because had no idea what day in cycle I was which is a first!) Also given opk sticks to oh so I don't use them (and he knows I'm not using them!) so we'll try it this way this month and see how we get on!

Lx

Thanks hun have been dtd this week so im optimistic, but will see what happens im keeping the appointment either way.
your doing better than I could I think if I was regular it would be easier to abandon all and still have some idea of what was going on!!! I wish you lots of luck hun.
it is the hard part you feel like you just waiting for time to pass but I also feel its the naught time you can be a bit more carefree than the tww.
if I don't get a bfp it will be nice just to have a fresh start and hopefully get on track

Lx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back