New to forums!!

Laura07

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My names laura and we have been ttc since September. I have never used a forum before and hoping it will help with all the mind boggling info, any tips ladies!
L

Hi,

All good here thanks

Just started our 2ww :)

How about you?

I'm good thanks, you feeling excited?!

Yes excited, but as only out first month trying we are not getting our hopes just yet, well, trying not too!

Hi guys I'm new to forums too I'm hoping I can get some advice please :) I got married in May 13 and stopped the pill then also as we knew we wanted to ttc straight away , never thinking it would take so long! My cycles has only just regulating and everyone around me is falling pregnant after only a few months of trying it's really getting me down

Hi i am Nicky also trying to conceive. Just wanted to wish everyone well.

hi Nicky, good luck on your journey, was u on the pill? are u monitoring your ovulation? x:dust:

Hi, Jadey.
I was on the pill for a long time. I came of it and then back on it and back on again and then off it 2012. I am tracking ovulation (first time this month). I used my first ovulation stick today. Got a thermometer as well but haven't used it yet. I am also taking agnus castus, evening primrose and folic acid this month. Thinking as it is the New Year i would try to take more control of ttc :) I do have older daughters age 21 and 18 both at university. I am hoping to be a new mum again but the clock is ticking as i turned 40 last summer.

Hi, Jadey.
I was on the pill for a long time. I came of it and then back on it and back on again and then off it 2012. I am tracking ovulation (first time this month). I used my first ovulation stick today. Got a thermometer as well but haven't used it yet. I am also taking agnus castus, evening primrose and folic acid this month. Thinking as it is the New Year i would try to take more control of ttc :) I do have older daughters age 21 and 18 both at university. I am hoping to be a new mum again but the clock is ticking as i turned 40 last summer.
you are going to be well prepared hun, good luck on your journey. its all very emotional its so lovely to come on here and see there so many of us with the same concerns. how long did it take to conceive your first babies? i was so excited at the beginning but now i just feel its never going to happen :( xx

hi Jadey,
yes it is nice to be able to chat to people who understand. It took me just over 12 months to get pregnant with my first and over 18 months with my second but i was younger then. I had missed miscarriage a few years ago, didn't think i was pregnant as i had irregular cycles and had early fertility testing two years before and had a few cycles where i didn't ovulate. Long story my fertility. But yes i am prepared as much as i can be now.

It is easy to feel like it isn't going to happen as it is such an emotional time and hard when friends and family just seem to be pregnant so easily. but keep positive and i will keep my fingers crossed for you :) do you use ovulation sticks? or take any vitamins?

hi Jadey,
yes it is nice to be able to chat to people who understand. It took me just over 12 months to get pregnant with my first and over 18 months with my second but i was younger then. I had missed miscarriage a few years ago, didn't think i was pregnant as i had irregular cycles and had early fertility testing two years before and had a few cycles where i didn't ovulate. Long story my fertility. But yes i am prepared as much as i can be now.

It is easy to feel like it isn't going to happen as it is such an emotional time and hard when friends and family just seem to be pregnant so easily. but keep positive and i will keep my fingers crossed for you :) do you use ovulation sticks? or take any vitamins?
sorry to hear about your MC :( i havent used anything yet because i didn't want to get obsessed with it all but i was just talking about this to some other ladies think im going to order the opks from eBay and start charting my bbt if af arrives, i was taking pregnacare but i got really ill and stressed from work, i dont know if ive heard about it but i had whats called a Christmas tree rash lol its like an autumn virus i was so run down and covered in this horrible rash from top to two :( it finally clearing up after 12 weeks so when i had this i stopped all tablets but started taking vit c plus one of those yogurt drinks in the morning and just general vits and minerals too boost my immune system. now im feeling better i will start again what ones do u recommend? with you 1st and 2nd did u use any ovulation methods? xx

ill keep my fingers crossed for you too lets keep each other updated through our journeys xx

Hi jadey,
it would be nice to have company on the journey thank you!!
I didn't know much about ovulation when i was younger but i did read a bit and what i did was lay down and i know it sounds daft put my legs up the wall after bding. sounds mad but i have a wonky cervix and the gravity i believe helped.

Now i understand ovulation so i bought a thermometer and chart which i have since printed a different one as allows for a greater temp range. I got 10 ovulation sticks chart thermometer and 10 ultra sensitive pregnancy tests for £6.something. I thought was good value as i can top up ovulation sticks if i think they work? I did my first one today but unsure of result.

I have started evening primrose this month as i read they make mucus more slippery? but you stop at ovulation as they can cause womb to contract. So hence i got ovulation sticks. i got agnus castus to balance my hormones but not sure if to stop at ovulation or not as read conflicting views. i take a normal multivitamin and folic acid. i am cutting caffeine out and trying not to stress lol

It is confusing. Sorry about your aptly named christmas tree rash. i have a low immune system my friends call me sponge i just absorb germs :roll:

I am on cycle day 16 of 31/32 day cycle. How about you?x

well this is the thing since coming off the pill in may my cycles has been all over the place, gone from 58 days to 41 to my last cycle being 31 days so if im counting on that cycle day 31 today and not af yet so you never know. im too scared to test nowadays as when i 1st started all those months ago i was always late due to my cycle my body was giving me pregnancy symptoms and all i got was bfn so i havent done any since tbh ive only started thinking about monitoring this month as i was a bit low over it all. ive had terrible symptoms since new years days feeling sick and bad cramps i though af was on her way, headaches and on new years day when i was on the loo i had brown discharge and that was is no more discharge so that was odd, i usually have it days following up to af but nothing since. i think i will buy some evening primrose then if that helps and im defo going to buy these kits and themo where u get yours xx

Ah i only thought about monitoring this month as i am fed up of having symptoms getting excited and then a bfn. I got mine off amazon. Gna do first temp tmoro as it takes a few months to see a
pattern apparently. It is quite confusing at first but i am gna keep at it. My cycles were dreadful after pill. I had very long cycles they have settled now so hope this year is good. X

good luck with the temping :) when doing it how do you know when ya ovulating? xx

Hi Laura07

I've been TTC since Sep too, we got married then. Still nothing... trying a lot now. I've been taking vitamins and Im now using concieve plus :) hope the reviews are true! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back