New to all this, and advise gratefully received!!

scs

Reaction score
Hi
My partner and I have recently started TTC and as you can imagine I'm so excited but at the same time a bit worried we have left it too late as I'll be 37 in a few months! I've read up all I can and am taking the folic acid/multi vit's I've given up smoking and not touched alcohol since we made the decision!
I was just wondering if there was anything else that I should be doing to maximise my chances of conceiving? This decision has been long awaited by me as all I've ever wanted was a family but until recently my partner hasn't felt ready!
I can't believe my dream may become a reality!!!! And I want to do everything possible to make this happen!!

Hi - welcome to the forum :) I know age can be a worry - i'm 33 and my DH is 41, but I know 3 women who gave birth recently at 40, so you're a few years ahead of them! I'm reading a good book called Zita West's Guide to getting pregnant and there's loads of tips on what you and your partner can do to help conception... I've got DH on coenzyme q10, a multi vit with 15mg of zinc and fish oil. I'm also finding OPKs (theres a glossary in forum support of all abbreviations!) helpful as they can pinpoint ovulation and Fertility friend website has been a great source of info and charting tool... I've been getting to know things about my body and that's been really helpful.... Wishing you lots of luck and if you're ever unsure, always ask on the forum as people are always friendly and helpful.... :) xx

Yea I've got my OH taking daily tabs and I've replaced all his underwear with boxers a size too big! Lol im going to spend some time reading through posts on here as Im sure I'll be able to pick up loads of helpful info!
I'm so excited about my life right now! 12 days days to wait to find out if our first attempt has worked! Very unlikely I know but can live in hope!!

Fx for you hon - it's great that you're feeling so good about it all - that's got to help!! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back