new stop smoking advert

amyknight88

Reaction score
has anybody heard about this new advert there bringing out? its supposed to be lasting for 6 weeks and it follows two young girls arranging their mums funeral with her :| - something along those lines

My mum hasnt seen it yet but after a long long think(and me making her feel guilty asking her if she wants to be around to watch her kids and grandkids grow up) shes cut down from 20 a day to under 10 so hopefully everybody will feel the same if not hearing about it but seeing it!

Thats strange..I just put a reply on here and it didnt work!???

I saw an advert tonight and the Mum was only 38! that scares me cos I'm 32 - sooooooo glad I stopped smoking 6 months ago.

I hope your mum manages to quit. Tell her it is difficult to start with (I should know I used to smoke 30/40 a day!!) but it does get easier with time. Even after 6 months I occassionally get the urge, but then I see adverts like that and it makes me really glad I have stopped.

L x

My cousin was a heavy smoker and she died on 5th January from cancer aged just 42!!!

If that's not motivation to give up I don't know what is and with the new smoking ban around for summer next year it's never been a better time to give up :) :cry:

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin hun....that's my birthday :(

I've heard about the advert - the mum is 38 with her 2 daughters. Horrible.

It is so horrible, my mum was 36 when she died from ovarian cancer and she was a heavy smoker. I was 14 and my sis was 11 at the time so the ad brings back some horrible memories. My gran (her mum) quit straight away as soon as mum died, she had smoked heavily for years but unfortunetly died from cancer of the oesphegus three years ago (I came home with Seren on her third anniversary) so Seren is missing out on knowing her gran and her great gran. All thiose who have managed to give up, good on ya, I personally think it is a sacrifice worth making. My sister gave up smoking in Jan because of Seren and is still doing it so I am very proud of her as I can see it is tough x

Beanie so sorry to hear your cancer news.

Cancer just affects so many peoples lives, it's scarey and we can do something about it that's the crazy thing.

I am doing the race for life this year to raise money for cancer research, here is the link if anyone else wants to do one near them.

http://www.raceforlife.org/

May open up another thread advertising this, the more the merrier.

If this thread does not make you want to give up smoking don't know what will.

Good luck to all you girlies trying to quit :)

Hi its funny you meantion that im 32 weeks pregnant and never gave up untill 2 weeks ago i felt so guilty anyway but could never compleately stop. UNTILL that advert i gave up and have been fag free since then i feel gr8. Its very hard hitting and im having a little Girl so it hit me hard.

Also a lot of my family have died very young due to smoking

Good on ya bossbump, hope the no smoking is going ok xxx

still smoke free been weeks now really happy im not stinky no more

Boss Bump that is great news!! Best I have heard all day :)

Well done to all of those who have kicked the habit. To let you know how worth it it really is, my Aunty died of Lung Cancer yesterday due to smoking. She had given up, but it was too late for her - I have spent the last few weeks visiting Loros and beleive me it is not a pretty sight.

Keep going with it

L x

hi ya
my friends mum died on christmas day throu smoking my friend was 16 wen her mum died!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back