New Programme on ITV Weekdays - Baby House

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by minikins, Jul 4, 2005.

1. minikins

minikins Well-Known Member

Thought you might find this interesting, some of us on here saw it today and it was ok;

Baby House
    Weekdays at 2.15pm on ITV1

Baby House will follow a group of Mums-to-be and their partners as they move into the Baby House in final stages of their pregnancy.

They will live together in the luxurious Baby House mansion for two weeks, where they can share their hopes and fears and give each other support during this life-changing period.

Once their babies are born they will learn to deal with sleepless nights, feeds, nappy changing and of course, getting to know their new babies.

Over the course of the two weeks the show will broadcast live from the house every day, catching up on the latest events, and exploring all aspects of pregnancy, birth and post-natal care.

The show will be trying out baby equipment, from road-testing buggies to checking carry cots, and will give their opinion on the best a baby can get.

Presented by Fiona Phillips and Dr. Miriam Stoppard, the show aims to be an invaluable source of information for expectant mums and dads.

http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=3885

2. Kerry

Kerry Well-Known Member

Sorry but I cant think of anything worse!!!

A baby needs to be in a natural, calm, familiar environment with not too many people around when it's taken home. What is the point if a baby spending the first few weeks in a luxury mansion and then going home a few weeks later and have to try to settle again in what is likely to be a VERY different place.

Sorry, thats my rant...........things like this make me so mad!!

3. minikins

Have not really got an opinion on the programme yet (early days) but it has come up with some useful advice.

I am sure the babies on there won't be emotionally damaged by their environment ;) i could think of worse places to bring up your child in the first few weeks.

4. alsha

alsha Well-Known Member

Hi minikins, i watched it today and like you say early days but i think it will be good, i think it was a nice and relaxed in the house and that tiny baby sleep all the way through so it wasn't that bad. Oh well i will be watching it again tomorrow. :)

5. petchy

petchy Well-Known Member

i have to be honest, i really didn't like this.... felt a bit wrong somehow?!

6. Guest

I don't think it will be too bad - I expect to bring my own baby up with the hoover being turned on when I want and the music being on normally - not keeping quiet - the baby will get used to noise as well as quiet. maybe it's a good thing? I think it will be very interesting. Will have to watch it though for my full opinion - I may hate it!

Dr Miriam Stoppard is an amazing woman though! If it has her blessing it can't be that bad.

7. petchy

petchy Well-Known Member

it's not the noise i oppose to, just the concept really. i'm not gonna be one of those hysterical SHHHHHH people, baby's gotta get used to the normal sounds of everyday living after all!

8. Guest

I don't think it will be big brother like though - they will be more constructive I'm sure - like the programme they had for the kid who were really naughty.

9. minikins

Been watching the odd episode and it's not too helpful at all really, it's more about the house and the glamour and does not give that much advice - shame really could have been good. Still it's handy for me to see where i will give birth though and some of the people that may be there.

And I can't stand Fiona Philips - lol

10. Hypnorm

Hypnorm Well-Known Member

one dad seemed more worried about his hair gel than the fact that his wife was in labour.... :?
    some of it is ok... but i reserve judgment yet!

11. minikins

Exactly, i thought it was all too cosmetic to me and look pretty for the cameras etc, I prefer Baby Baby and some other ones on Sat TV.

Man I am getting hot and breathless today, most men would be excited by this but I am not a pretty site now - lol

12. -Cat-

-Cat- Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch Desperate midwives lst week? I cried all the way through. Dont ask why it was just emotional watching those women going through labour and seeing there newborn babies. I think this has helped prepare me for child birth more than anything else. Does anyone know if this is on every wek?

13. catherine23

catherine23 Well-Known Member

When you finally think you will get good info from it the professionals disagree! Did you watch it the other day when the 2 professionals argued about baby sleeping int he bed with you. Left me thinking so which is it? they said at the end they would go with the guidlines though saying you shouldnt sleep with your baby.

I have watched it but cant really see the point of it. They also done a phone in the other day and as its live they cut the woman off and then with the viewers having no idea what she was asking they answerde it so you had to kind guess from that.

I think it would be better if it was pre-recorded so they actually got info in rather than bad live chats. -where they dont cut the sound out from the previous clip so you have voice over voice, nightmare!

So me 2 going to stick to desperate midwives! Its great really informative and yes some scary bits but gets you in the know and well prepared! That women insisted she had a home birth even though she had complications, and with not even telling them that she had been bleeding she thought it would be ok, then there she is giving birth with baby's heartbeat low and then baby wasnt breathing when born! Makes you think sometimes the shock tactics on tv really help with us making the right decision.

14. minikins

Me too - I saw that episode and my DH and I were nearly in tears, man I would have fallen apart if i went through that at home, i thought the baby was going to die, her OH seemed more emotional than she did.

I think I might have to take a break from pg programmes now as I am so close and they make me cry and get a bit freaked out !!