**NEW** MMC. Please help!!

KateCxox

Reaction score
Hi ladies.
I have my 12 weeks scan tomorrow and will be 13 weeks. I'm extremely nervous as all I can think about is MMC and being told my baby has no heart beat. I have had two scans already. One at 7weeks+2 and also 10weeks+2. All was fine and saw a heartbeat at both and HB was 164bpm at my 10+2 scan.
I just can't overcome this nervous feeling and it's making me very stressed and upset. Reassurance would be a huge help right now!! :(

It's something most of us worry about when we go for a scan. Although there is a small chance of MMC chances are much more likely that baby will be fine xx

As you saw a heartbeat at 10w your chance of the pregnancy continuing to term is 99.4%, so really good chance of there being nothing wrong. It is natural to be nervous, try to take things day by day and enjoy this as much as you can.

I had awful dreams in the run up to my 12 week scan and was absolutely convinced that something was wrong, I thought the dreams were a sign.. I'd also had a couple of early scans and despite this was still petrified.. I'm afraid nothing made me feel better other than going to my scan and seeing my baby so just ride out your anxieties tonight and I guarantee that by this time tomorrow you'll be absolutely fine :) xx

I completely forgot about the intense and overwhelming anxiety and worry you feel when pregnant; it has hit me this time like a tonne of bricks. You're not alone and as KateK has said, you will be absolutely fine after your scan, which I'm sure will be wonderful :)

I'm exactly the same, my first mmc still haunts me and today I have zero symptoms n just don't feel pregnant. I'm only 6 weeks so too early even for a private scan. My second pregnancy I worried all the way through after the first mmc but all was fine but I went to a&e after a fall at 9 weeks to get an early scan so I'm tempted to do the same this time as no way can I wait to 12 weeks. I'm not telling anyone this time til I have a scan pic in my hand. I forgot all the worry. When's your scan hun, you've had 2 healthy scans already so your chances are slim of a mmc now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back