~New here~

thugangel

Reaction score
Hey people, I'm new on here. I was just wondering if anyone is good with understanding temps. If you are please let me know. I've been ttc #1 for 6 months, I'm on my second month of metformin. I may be getting stuck on a fertility drug soon. AF is due next thursday, tested thursday and got bfn, maybe was too soon? Temps are all messed up.

Hi Thugangel

I just wanted to say welcome. Everyone is really nice on here.

I've been temping since August and found it really helpful. I don't know anything about metformin, what's that? Could it mess up your temps?

Good luck TTC

Helen

x

Hey Thuangel

Welcome to the boards fellow Western Canadian. Funny how we've both ended up using a British site. I'm living in Ireland right now so it was nice to see Saskatoon, SK on the screen. I'm from Calgary.

Anyway, I don't know how great I am at reading temps 'cause I haven't had much luck myself. You see all these perfect charts in TCOYF and then you look at your own and it's like "What's going on here?!" But I do think it's worth trying to work it out, in conjunction with monitoring CM.

So, throw your temps onto this board and I'm sure we'll all have a stab at trying to figure out what's going on!

And I'm wondering too what the drug you're on is for?

All the best!

Metformin is a pill to help you ovulate. It's also used for people with PCOS(which I have) and people that have diabetes. This is my first month charting my temps, and they are all messed up. Metformin won't change my results, well at least as far as I know. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to discuss my chart and fertility drugs. It is nice knowing there's someone else from Canada on here. I'm not too sure if this will work....heres my chart.

Hi Thugangel

I had a look at your chart. Have you been off work between Xmas and New Year? If so, it could be taking your temp at a later time (from a lie in) than when you are working is why they are higher over that period.

I'm not so sure about the last week though. Have you been consistent about taking your temp i.e. the time and when you first wake up before you do anything? Just getting up to go to the loo before you take it can make them higher.

Let us know what the doctor says.

Good luck

Helen

xx

I've been out of school. I'm trying to get the rest of my grade 12. I think when I go back to school I will have more of an idea what is going on. This is so frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back