New here! Tracking Ovulation

peaches1782

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm chrissy. I'm new here. I have one child (didn't track back then) and now my hubby and I are actually trying for baby #2. I am kind of confused about tracking ovulation and everything. My IUD was removed beginning of April. Of course I bled for about a week from April 13-17. Then it stopped. I had a period again May 4-8th. I was not tracking then. My next period was June 1-5. I started tracking with the LH strips on Day 7. I had a positive on the 11th, 12, and 13th day of my cycle. Then the line started to fade on the 14th. However we didn't have sex on any of those days and my period came on June 28th until July 3rd. I tacked this month. I hit my surge day 12, 13 and 14th which was July 12th-14th. We had sex on July 9th, 11th, 12th and 14th and the rest of that week. If I'm correct, my period was due today. However it's not on yet. I took a test and it was negative. I've been cramping all week so it seems my period may still come on but i'm trying to understand when the best time is to have sex. Before or during the peaks. It seems like I don't peak the same time. Any help is appreciated!

Hi! And welcome to the forum :) When I conceived my daughter, I think we managed sex every second day for just over a week before my surge, but I think we ran out of steam by the time I got my peak ovulation test, so missed the actual days of my LH surge, and then tried again a few days after.

I know a few people on here recommend every other day until your peak and then every day around the peak.

Either way, I think you're pretty well covered with your dates. I hope your period doesn't show up this month, but if it does, good luck for next! x

Is be interested to see your tests because most people only get a peak one day and it usually only lasts a few hours. For example it might not be quite positive at say 10am, then at 4pm it could be peak positive then at 10pm it’s not quite peak again. This is the usual. After peak you ovulate within 24-48 hours. So say yoj got your peak test on Monday you might not ovulate til the Wednesday.

they say to have swimmers in there 2 days before ovulation and definitely do it on the day of ovulation too.

for me I typically have sex every other day anyway so I know I’d never actually miss my window. But I always make sure to do it when I see that peak and the next day as well.

Hope that helps xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back