New facebook joke

DarcyHodge

Reaction score
I'm really due deleting facebook, if it wasn't for friends and family that live everywhere I would. The new joke going round is a picture of a positive pregnancy test that reads,
Shocked is an understatement!!!! Everything sure does happen for a reason. Of course I had mixed feelings about this, wanted to cry and jump for joy, for the last few days I've been thinking of posting it, but the decision passed after a while. So today I got excited and I just had to post about it. I feel it is the right time and I can't hold back any longer. It wasn't planned but all I can say is I'm very happy.....so here it is...the long awaited moment!! I'm showing you my business! I sell pregnancy tests!! This one U.S. from a happy customer. P.s if you read to the end you have to pull the joke on your own friends!

I DONT FIND STUFF LIKE THIS FUNNY!

Sorry first thing in the morning rant.

I saw this too. It's just not funny. I guess people don't realise that the stuff they post can affect people's moods.

I know I can't even say anything because no one knows we are ttc, thank god for the girls on here x

Wow - people really don't think do they.

I know there's usually one going around near christmas time as well... I've not seen that one myself; I'd just delete the people who post things like that or if they're not someone you can delete you can hide posts from people without them knowing you have done. If you go on their profile and unfollow

I recently had the 'why your proud to be a mum pic challenge' :( Suppose no one thinks about people who are ttc. :/

No I don't find that funny either. It took us 3 years to have our son a lot of heart ache and misery before we found out we where having him then just anxiety and fear before our first scan and knowing this a friend of my husbands posted on April fools she was pregnant she wasn't I just politely messaged her and she went "haha okay" I hate her, she's a spiteful cow yet meeting up my husband said I had to let her and his other friends hold our son I deliberately didn't allow her to hold him and she asked me why I told her exactly what I thought of her and then she got nasty but I just said you've no idea how hard ttc is she didn't plan her child and yes that is judgemental bit she's a cow.

Yeah the proud to be a mum one didn't anoy me as much as the people taggg me in the proud to be a furmum (post pictures of your pets) not like a don't love my dogs but it was another blow that I've only got dogs and not a baby.
I remember the Christmas one.
Its not even people I know that have shared it, but people I know liking it so it's coming up on my news feed, I think I'm just gonna steer clear of facebook if I can x

Violet I would have been exactly the same, that's just plain nasty, I'm sure if I let my friends know they would apologise, but I don't want to let them know we are ttc x

What a poor attempt at a joke.

TTC can be difficult, but being someone who was once that person who dreaded the FB announcements I think your bitterness slowly disappears once you do get pregnant.

Its not like I dont consider people TTC, I was one of them, I have had a difficulty too but I am still proud to be a mummy?

I tend not to share things like that because I genuinely have no time to spend on fb - but sometimes I will update on my boy, a wee pic or something hes did at nursery and its because I am proud - I dont think that should be taken away because others may be taken away and I certainly dont mean any malice by it.

I think the main thing to remember whilst TTC is that there will always be someone waiting longer than you, or that has it more difficult. Your time will come soon.

Keep positive :)

xxxxx

The whole proud mum thing is fine, it's when your tagged in it with no kids, and having mcs that's what I meant.... or when you know the person doesn't care for her children but posts to be part of this 'challenge' which I don't understand why it's a challenge... your just posting your favourite pictures, what part of that is a challenge lol... just ranting. I mean if i had kids, i would be posting pics of them everyday lol, but I wouldn't get involved in the challenge. Tbf most things on fb annoy me, like oh post this to 10 friends... For cancer post where you put your handbag as your status for 1 hour, i mean wtf, how is this helpful to cancer ughhhhhh

Oh right I see I didnt know people tagged people in who arent mums? Seems silly to me!!

Im the same, I dont play the facebook games - but then we all use it for different things. My bugaboo on facebook atm is constantly sharing count downs to holidays, or posting all the material things but then some argue that Im probably jealous or something, but actually I just dont see the point in it!!

xxxx

I think they just tag anyone and don't actually think if they have kids or not, just assume they do :/
Why would they think your jealous? That's silly, lol they need to get a life lol! I think people who post holiday countdowns are stupid, like 'this many days until my house is completely empty, just giving you this info in advance for you to rob my house!!'

My Facebook is full of people talking about anxiety or tagging me in bloody everything that's to do with hairdressing, just because that's my job it's not the only thing I'm interested in lol, wow I'm on a propper ranty roll this morning, I need to get off pf and clean my house but I keep getting distracted x

Ohright I see.. well Id probably go on a block mission - or unfollow people thats my new favourite. I also have a timeline review so that I have to approve everything that I am tagged in/appears on the time line. Thats quite use ful.

No one has directly says Im jealous, but Ive seen the people who post loads put stuff like "haters gonna hate" or like "If I want to share the gifts I buy my child at xmas I will other mums are jealous etc" Facebook gets so petty!

I guess I am a bit more considerate than most on facebook, I dont post alot of pregnancy things just in case as imagine how pregnant busy my fb is - and at christmas I think of all the wee kids who wont get the same "amount" as others, some kids have nothing. And I know how pressured I feel knowing Jackson doesnt want for alot, so I just imagine how some feel day to day who arent as fortunate in life, in terms of money, ttc, family etc - I think fb tends to turn out BRAGBOOK :lol:

xxxx

Facebook defo is bragbook, and while I'm on a rant is it normal to send out a baby list as in gifts you want people to buy for your new baby? Like my inlaws have already said that if/when we have a baby they would like to buy us a new pram or one of the big things and vice versa with my parents, but I have a friend who's just send out a babylist to all her friends which I personally think is a bit rude as they chose to have the baby surely they should be buying the things it will need x

Yeah the proud to be a mum one didn't anoy me as much as the people taggg me in the proud to be a furmum (post pictures of your pets) not like a don't love my dogs but it was another blow that I've only got dogs and not a baby.
I remember the Christmas one.
Its not even people I know that have shared it, but people I know liking it so it's coming up on my news feed, I think I'm just gonna steer clear of facebook if I can x

That was me too Hun, I completely understand how you feel ❤️ It took us 3 years but I know stress was a major factor for me I was so stressed constantly I adore my dogs and their fantastic with our son but I was terrified they'd hurt him as a newborn funnily enough our husky changed that she lay next to the basket watched when we picked him up and was just amazing. I have my fingers crossed for you Hun xxxx

Plus ranty rolls are sometimes needed Hun. I have been there too but one day you'll find you've began feeling sick after your tea/coffee and then be like wtf I just didn't expect it at all and well he's here now 9 months on and we are back in the ttc boat of " oh you'll catch really fast" " your endometriosis has flared up" " you may need a womb scrape" just more shit hitting the fan yes I have my son but I've always wanted 3 or more and I am grateful for him but I also don't want him to be an only child xxx

I've always wanted five but I would be happy with one now, preferably I would like my child to have a sibling but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen.
And yeah I'm quite worried about my dogs one can be nippy with other dogs I suppose we will have to take it day by day, we have already agreed that if they don't get on my mum is going to take our dogs x

It does take them at least a month for them to fully settle with the baby I won't lie our little dog can be jealous but she's great with our son they all are especially now they understand he's out "puppy" in effect xxx

my dogs have been fine with kids and baby's so far, one did go for my niece one time but she was yanking her tail and hitting her on the nose so it was expected x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back