new baby

brand new

Reaction score
Hi girls. My little msn, jack alfie was born on good Friday,29th /march at 13.28pm. He was born at 34+4 and weighs 3lbs 14oz. Doing well so far. He's in the special care baby unit. Any advice on how to get through this time than plz let me know. Its so difficult seeing your buba in a place like that. Xxxx

I can't offer any advice Hun, but congratulations on the birth of your little man!!! Xx

Tired Mummy to Colby Jacques born 4/2/2013

Not got any adie but congratulations hun :) Try take every day at a time and focus on the good x

My little boy was born at 27+5 was so difficult leaving him for 13 weeks when he was finally allowed home, concentrate on the good things also when we were there I never felt like his mum I hated being told things about him by the nurses I'm his mum I should know kinda thing I used to get so upset with them but when we left I felt so guilty taking it out on them because really they saved his life tell the nurses you want to do all you can they usually go out of there way to let you do things I got to give my boy a bath which they organise for me x

Hi having a baby in special care isn't easy and the feeding tubes, drips and alarms can be overwhelming. When a baby is prem the smallest things are massive achievements like the temperature of the incubator going down, The feeding tube coming out and baby holding his own temperature. Just do what you can in the time you are there Hun, it's harder bond with your baby when they are in Scbu. All you can do is express your milk so baby has the best start and try and be as involves as you can. Some days are harder than others and your baby will be home where he belongs in no time :) any questions or if you just want someone to talk to feel free to message me. I have had 2 prem baby's 33 and 32 weeks my youngest is 7months old, I was in your situation not too long ago so I understand completely x x

Hi Hun, how is your little man getting on? Congratulations. My son was born at 32 weeks. He was in scbu for 3 weeks. My main advice would be to take each day as it comes. Don't rush his exit as you want him fit and well for his return. Take part in everything you can, feeding, changing, cuddles. Use ths time to rest up and get yourself healthy. Take time to eat. Big hugs xxxxx

Hey girls. He has put on some weight and is slowly getting there with his bottle feeding. He is on 50ml of milk a feed and is taking roughly half of it from his bottle. Once he is taking the whole lot regularly then we will be able to bring him home. I am literally taking every day as it comes and not rushing him. He'll do it in his own time. What I do keep reminding myself of is that his adjusted age would still only be 36+1 so he should still be snuggled up inside me! Not out here trying to suckle! He's my little Easter miracle and I love him more every day. Xxx

That's brilliant news :) I'm glad he is progressing with his bottle feeding!! Are they topping him up with his tube? It won't be long and you will have your baby home, it seems like forever when your baby is in Scbu but honestly time flies. Well done on staying strong, keep positive Hun. X x x

No its normal for them to be a little slower but dont worry my daughter was on time but was always behind xx

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Congratulations on your wee one! xx They tend to follow behind in basically everything for the first year or two, but they do catch up remarkably quickly!

Mine was born at 33 weeks, she's now 4 and you'd never guess she was premature :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back