New baby & OHs

Kylie1007

Reaction score
Did you find that your OH REALLY got on your nerves (more than usual! lol!) when handling the baby? He's great with the baby, don't get me wrong but I have to bite my tongue otherwise I would be nagging him constantly! I get SO impatient with him too - like when the baby is screaming and he seems to take an age to sort him out. It even bugged me last night that I wolfed my dinner down last night while he held the baby and then he ate his at a leisurely pace afterwards!! lol!

yes i know that feeling well!!

I still to it sometimes because i spend more time with amber i know her habits and what she likes etc..!!

If she is crying and he has her he tries everything i come down and ask if he has checked her nappy and he says no doh!! so i end up sorting her out in the end.

I think its just a motherly protection type thingy, i definately i know best when it comes to amber and i dont think that will ever change!

Yep. If he's crying I will say "I think Finn needs his nappy changing," which means "DO IT!" and he says "I will do.." dawdles around for ages and then does it!

I know what you mean :)

Nat'll try his hardest to get Ryan off to sleep and if I say ah he's hungry, Nat'll say well let's try and put him down first before we try that. Then he's screaming and I get so annoyed I'm like gooood I know he's hungry just pass him here ffs

Lo and behold he was hungry and then settles calmly without screaming. I think men just hate to think there's something they cannot do.

OMG- yes. My OH is just like this.

He'll be holding Jake and ask me if I'll put his coat on then he will carry on cuddling him for aged while im standing there like a tit with the coat. I know he is only cherishing the moment with Jake but if I did that all the time I'd never get antyhing done :wall:

leckershell said:
I know what you mean :)

Nat'll try his hardest to get Ryan off to sleep and if I say ah he's hungry, Nat'll say well let's try and put him down first before we try that. Then he's screaming and I get so annoyed I'm like gooood I know he's hungry just pass him here ffs

Lo and behold he was hungry and then settles calmly without screaming. I think men just hate to think there's something they cannot do.

The other day we came out of Sainsbos and he started screaming. I told my OH to pull into a space so I could feed him but he insisted that the car would lull him off to sleep - guess what - 2 mins later we had to pull into a lay-by to feed him!

I think I should put in a good word for OHs, yrs and mine. I am sure they DO drive you nuts!, but the fact that they are there, interested and struggling to help is a BIG bonus. We come with hormones and biological features that make us "know" what our LOs want to a certain extent - they dont. :think:
I find myself sitting on my hands when my dear OH has the baby and she starts creating, but i think that if I always intervene, they will never learn to get on with it without me. It is important for their father/daughter relationship, I think.
Maybe I am being a bit too serious here, but feel the need to stand up for the guys coz I had no help from my ex husband with my two eldest and love the fact that Ani's Dad is willing to do nappies, feeds, whatever.
And now, if you ladies will excuse me, I will go and prise the poor little mouse out of OH's arms as she is screaming and he obviously hasnt got the faintest idea what to do about it :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back