new and in need of advice

siany

Reaction score
Hi all, first time I have been on this site (or any site for that matter). I've read a lot of the posts and it looks like you have a lot of experience and sound advice (as well as fantastic support). I had a MC in early october 2007, and it was so hard. I have had one period since (10th November). I am a real novice at all this, so am not sure of my cycle. I feel a bit of a muppet to be 36 and have no awareness of my own cycle :oops: ! Anyway my period has not arrived. Had a spare test and for some reason decided to do it on saturdat night. There was a faint positive line. I have been feeling extremely sick since friday. On Thursday I had some brownish discharge (I though my period had arrived) but it stopped on Friday. I am incredibly weeping today (very unlike me). I have told my OH who said we should wait until Friday to do another test. I work in a drugs clinic so there are a stack of tests in a box next to my office driving me mad!!! My breast are sore and I have a clear discharge (sorry if this is TMI). Cant stand the though of having a MC again so part of me is scared too death and part filled with longing!! What do you think

(ps. could someone help me with the acronymes) :)

:wave: :wave: welcome to the site

You are showing some really good signs of PG (pregnant/pregnancy) and with having a faint positive there's a good chance that you are PG.

Don't worry about being 36 and not know.... I'm 31 on Sunday and until I started TTC (Trying to conceive) 6 months ago I didn't have a clue about any of it. I was so dense about it that I didn't even realise that to get PG you had to BD (Baby Dance - sex) at your fertile time.!! TBH (to be honest) I didn't even know what a fertile time was or what it was caused by!

although you are showing some good signs I would agree with you OH and try and wait until Friday to do another test to save disappointment

Good luck for you

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hello and welcome and sorry to hear about your mc.

I agree with what Chrissy says, hopefully by Friday (or in a day or so if you can't wait that long) you will have a stronger line.

thanks both, it all feels abit strange. You think I should know a lot of this stuff but it feels like a whole area of life that I wasnt aware of. I am not sure about what all the weepiness is about, havent fell like this before. Maybe it just the thought about what happened in October. I am going to try and wait till Friday and not to let my hopes rise (bit hard tho!. Thanks for the helps with the acronymes :)

thanks all, everytime i see the hugs I start to cry!!! this weeping is getting insane. I have managed to get through today without getting a pg test out of the box. Still no sign of AF (getting to grips with the acronymes now!). :wink:

I think the whole TTC and getting pregnant is emotional for any of us...... the other night I was crying at My Name is Earl!!!!! :oops: :oops: all becasue he took the blame for Joy stealing the truck because he didn't want her to go to jail and leave the kids...... I was an emotional wreck!!!!!

Keep your chin up siany...... look at the good side in that it looks like you're going to be getting a good strong BFP in a few days

:hug:

thanks chrissie, the day is getting weirder. I left work at 4pm today (i am usually a 10hour a day person). Came home and went Straight to bed. This is unheard of. My OH has come home from work and was a bit freaked out to find me asleep. I am hoping these are all good signs. Hopefully no AF and then I will test on Friday :pray: :pray:

Hi,

Welcome to the site.

So sorry to hear of your recent loss :hug: :hug:

Echo what the others have said, it sounds promising for you. I would test maybe tomorrow/day after with first morning urine.

Good luck, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

thanks bagpuss. It is amazing I never thought i would use a site like this but all day I have felt the need to be in touch with people who know how I am feeling. It really has helped and I know what ever happens I will be returning. :hug:

It's a great support using this site because we're all going through the same thing.

People have great advice too.

Stay around :D

:hug: siany, sorry to hear of your loss.

I agree that you are currently showing some good signs at the moment. Fingers crossed that you get your BFP (Big Fat Positive - on a test) soon :pray:

thanks. I think what happened in October still feels raw and prehaps I had'nt acknowledged that in the last two weeks. I feel I have buried it somewhere deep and now all of a sudden its right back at the front of my thinking and fuelling my anxiety. I need to believe that it doesnt necessary have to happen again. I still want a BFP more than anything on Friday tho :pray: :pray:

Hi... I think any positive line is a BFP or it wouldnt be there at all!!! Therefore, I'm sending you loads of :hug: :hug: :hug: (please try not to cry!) and crossing my fingers for your BFP! Good luck! xxx

Hi!

For a list of abbreviations see here:-

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4

I think you've got some really good signs going on there! Plus the feint positive!

So sorry to hear about your loss. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks at the end of September so I can sympathise with how you must be feeling right now. There are lots of us on here who have had losses and are TTC again if you want to talk about it. There's also a different section called "Pregnancy after loss" for if you want to talk about TTC and pregnancy from that point of view in particular.

Good luck for the testing (hug warning) :hug: :hug: :hug:

p.s. actually even though I am trying not to symptom spot I too am really over-soppy this month and have cried loads at silly things on TV and radio. Might just be coincidence but I think it's the only symptom I can think of to try and ignore!

So sorry for your loss, Rosebay :hug, : :hug: I have had a look this morning at the forum for people who have MC and it is so sad but comforting to know there is that much love and support out there. I know what you mean about symtom spoting. I am worried this morning as I dont feel like crying!!!! :lol: I keep checking my Bst every two mins for signs of soreness, i am worried people in work might see me and think I have finally flipped. This forum has been a godsend. My family know about the MC (although they did not know we were ttc, at 36 I didnt need the pressure of being asked every two mins if anything had happened, especially as I have spent the last 10 years fending off the question "when are you going to have children"!) My family live in Wales and next weekend we are going home for xmas. This was to be the weekend where we made our announcement (as if would have been two weeks after my 12 week scan). It would be great to think I was going home pregnant after all. However I am having cramps this morning and am convinced that AF is going to rear her ugly head any min. I have a dull ache low down on my left hand side? any ideas? Good luck Rosebay for your testing in four days :pray: :pray: I am going to try by best not to test today although as my last period was on the 10th November I could be considered offically late! I dont think there is any chance I will last until Friday if AF has not arrived :lol:

Hi,

aw, passing milestones that you had planned in your mind before a m/c is very upsetting (()). I really hope that you get some good news on Friday. The dull ache could be a sign of AF or of a BFP really as it could be things stretching either way. I think you have enormous will power not to test- especially with the things so close to hand. I always think I will have will power and then as soon as it gets to due day I'm reaching for the tests! How many days into your cycle are you then? I'm not good at maths! It's looking good though!

:hug: :hug: :hug:
+++

Not sure really. This is the daft thing. I have never taken much notice of my cycle. Usually around a 30 days I think. We only started trying at the end of august. I now feel surrounded by this world that I knew nothing about (or paid very little attention to). Cant believe I am a 36 year old women who has no awareness of her own cycle. :doh: Have now put testing forward until thursday so will power is waning!!!!

:hug: You're not the only 36 year old to not know her cycles, I'm only learning mine over the last few months and I'm 37 next month :shock:

I got some ebay cheapie ovulation predictor test sticks and have tested for a couple of cycles and I only managed to get a postive one for the first time this cycle on about day 18 so if I don't get a BFP this month I'll use them again to see if I regularly ovulate on day 18. If I do I won't get pregnant next cycle as I think day 18 is on New Year's Eve, no chance hubby performing with all that alcohol inside him!

You could either try charting or OPK's or both to find out how your body works but don't be embarrased, until you start TCC you don't really need to know much :hug:

Yeah, I mean I knew very little before TTC with Elliott but since then I've kind of kept my eye on it since just because I'm a bit obsessive and knew we'd want another. I also just like to know when AF is due because I get crazy mad-woman PMT and start ridiculous rows with my OH just before I come on and so for years I have kept a note of my cycles so that when I start seeing red mist I can have a little peek to see if I'm due before I give it to him both barrels blazing! The number of times before that we'd had huge rows only for him to say "Hang on, you're not due are you?", then I'd say "How dare you, it's not my hormones, I really feel like this blah blah" and then in the next 24 hours I'd have to apologize big time! We laughingly call it waving the red flag now if we start having a row as we really don't row a lot at all so I run off and check in case the red flag of hormonal craziness is flying! If so I go for a walk and calm down and he says "yes whatever" and backs into a corner to hide...

Other than that I'd have no idea and I'm 32!

+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back