new 2 site bt nt 2 pregnancy...hi there!!!!

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by dubzdreadz, Feb 8, 2012.

1. dubzdreadz

dubzdreadz New Member

hi!just joined this forum because iv got a sneaking suspicion that my midwife isn't gonna much use. iv had 3 girls so far (8, 5 and 3 yrs) and all were born in the same 'catchment area' for midwives, however i have moved to a different area so new faces. the thing is i only found out i'm pregnant again last week (proper shock and a half!). its taken the midwife a week to phone me to make a booking appt which isn't for another week and then i'm gonna have to wait another 2-3 weeks before i can have whats meant to be an 'early dating scan'. however (and i've pointed this out) my last bleed wasn't a proper one so i'm looking at being 9 wks along already...so by the time i get the scan it'll b a normal dating scan surely? :/ sorry to just start with a rant but i want everything to go right this time! really hope i can get to know a few of you and hopefully help with any advice at the same time (had 3 very rough pregnancies so far lol) but this time round i've not had any sickness...well only a little..and some dizzy spells (i'm secretly hoping this ones gnna b a boy! ;) )

2. mishi

mishi Well-Known Member

:wave: Hi and welcome to Tri 1 :wave:

3. Tara1985

Tara1985 Well-Known Member

Hi and congrats on your pregnancy!!! Maybe you could speak with the midwife about your dates? Hopefully then she might book you earlier for a scan. Good luck and keep us posted. xx

4. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

I never saw a midwife until 12 weeks and had a scan at 13 weeks, is quite normal in this area. Hope all works out for you x

5. sammi7

sammi7 Well-Known Member

I didn't see my mw until I was 13 weeks and had first scan at 13 + 6. this was meant to be a early scan so I think it just depends where you are from. Good luck xx

6. babyem

babyem Well-Known Member

Pretty much the same here, have to wait a couplr of weeks for our appointments.

Good luck and welcome to tri 1!! :wave: