Never had hayfever before but ...

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Dotty_woman, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Dotty_woman

Dotty_woman Well-Known Member

.. think this might be what I'm suffering from. I thought I was just coming down with a mild cold as I've had a bit of a runny nose but for the last couple of days my nose is really painful on the right hand side where the bone meets the cartilage. Anyone else experiencing hayfever for the first time during pregnancy? I'm pretty sure I haven't whacked my nose on anything that might account for the pain. Xxx

2. JJ Mum

JJ Mum Well-Known Member

Hi dotty, i hope its not hayfever.

This last week my nose has been bleeding when i blow it so its getting sore inside now, ive gad no knocks its just the blood vessels in there having issues i think for me , as i had it last time

Hope its not a perm thing for you this preg

3. Jodie_2013

Jodie_2013 Well-Known Member

It really could be hayfever as even people who don't usually suffer this year are suffering from it because everything has gone 'boom' and growing all at once instead of gradually the pollen count is ridiculous. My eyes are swollen constantly my mouth feels like someone has thrown an itching powder bomb down there and my nose just constantly runs.

I hope it does ease off for you but I wouldn't be surprised if it was hayfever x

4. Pippa1703

Pippa1703 Well-Known Member

On pretty much all of my pregnancy apps, they're banging on about pregnancy congestion and how prone you are to colds now. Also, about how it can be easy to burst blood vessels and that it's nothing to worry about, just another wonderful symptom!

5. Dotty_woman

Dotty_woman Well-Known Member

It just feels like I've been punched in the nose and really hurts. Hope it eases off soon! xxx