Never good enough

twinkle90

Reaction score
So i made a rant over my OH mother. We told her the possible name if its a girl Tillie. Again it wasnt good enough and made a crappy comment saying it sounds like what you would call a cat. Can she never be happy with anything..theres never a positive always a negative!!!

Don't take any notice of her Twinkle, it has nothing to do with her what you call your baby. At least she should be happy for you both but if she can't even bother to do that then she isn't worth your efforts. I wouldn't tell her anything about the baby at all and let her come to you, she'll soon realise what she's missing out on.

Keep your chin up, your pregnant! It's a time to be happy! :D

All of us are here for you, even if she isn't. :) xxx

Aww.. Tillie is lovely! I'd try keep the name a secret because once she's born and you've named her... It's done!

My MIL kept making up nicknames for every name we suggested to her. I realised it's best to keep quiet about this as I was getting angry!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Thank you girls! Means alot. She hasnt seemed enthusiastic about it as much as my mum has been. Its like shes always trying to put us off about how difficult to bring a baby up. If we werent prepared to take on a child we wouldnt of even thought about getting pregnant. I just wish she would say something positive!! Xxx

It's not her choice, it's between you and your OH. I've kept my names private, had to many members of my husband's family suggesting .. to be honest some quite f*cking awful names lol I just nod and go yeah maybe. I have started to see that since being pregnant it can bring out the best and the worst in other people like the interfering and the losing friends etc. chin up hun, you're business nobody elses x

I love the name Tillie and for her to diss it pisses me off.
My mum used to call me Tillie when i was younger i dont kniw why but now its kinda stuck for my baby if its a girl.xxx

God, ignore her. I really think people like that must be so bloody miserable because all they ever do is moan!!

BTW - I think its a lovely name :)

I think it's lovely too :) It's your baby, so it's your choice for a name. Maybe find something completely random that she'll REALLY hate and when she REALLY objects to it, tell her you've gone back to Tillie and then she can't complain :) (not that she has a right to in the first place)

Does OH love the name too? So long as you're both happy with it, that's the important thing!

Last edited:
Thanks hun. I really dont care what she has to say anymore tbh. Me and OH both really loke the name. And a few other choicea, but Tillie ia sticking i think. And Oscar James for a boy xxx

Dont worry about what 'she' thinks.. i cant imagine my MIL will like the names we have picked either!!
But couldnt careless.. Dont even seem to be checking and asking how me and baby are doing or anything!
xx

Thats another thing she doesnt ask either, if im ok or the baby. Never! So annoying but ive got better things to worry about xxx

Tillie is a lovely name! :) I think some people are just never happy and at the end of the day its up to you and your OH what you name your baby - if you guys love it then go for it - she'll get over it - my mil wouldn't dare say something like that about a name we were thinking about otherwise she'd get told what for! Hope she starts being a bit more tactful! and if not don't worry about it - as long as you and your oh are both happy that's all that matters! :) x

Don't take any notice of her Twinkle, it has nothing to do with her what you call your baby. At least she should be happy for you both but if she can't even bother to do that then she isn't worth your efforts. I wouldn't tell her anything about the baby at all and let her come to you, she'll soon realise what she's missing out on.

Keep your chin up, your pregnant! It's a time to be happy! :D

All of us are here for you, even if she isn't. :) xxx

^^ I'm with Laura. Chin up pickle :)

I know she has a problem with mine and my OH's age... I'll be 22 (just) when babies born & OH will be Almost 23..
Dont think shes ever really liked me, always been funny with me. Yet OH's sisters BF's she loves them all its so weird.
She asked if it was a mistake?! I was horrified. & i know that there will be lots of interference when babies born and will try telling me what to do, & what i do is wrong blah blah.. I'm really worrying about this, i want to get on with her i really do i just find it hard.

x

Also, if it makes you feel any better, when we told my MIL I was expecting she started banging on about one of her dogs having puppies. We've not really heard from her since lol. Mind you, she didn't turn up at our wedding either so I think MIL's can be monsters in general ;)

Is your OH an only son then? Could be that she'd never have liked the girl that stole her only boys heart.....fingers crossed she comes round eventually, and as for your age - my friend had her first son when she was around 22 and her second a few years later and she is the best mum I know - would do anything for her sons! In fact - i'm 31 now and pregnant with my first and see her as a really good role model for the kinda mum that I want to be, :) xx

Is your OH an only son then? Could be that she'd never have liked the girl that stole her only boys heart.....fingers crossed she comes round eventually, and as for your age - my friend had her first son when she was around 22 and her second a few years later and she is the best mum I know - would do anything for her sons! In fact - i'm 31 now and pregnant with my first and see her as a really good role model for the kinda mum that I want to be, :) xx

Yep only son, haha.. So yeah she wouldnt like anyone.. Shes nice to me one minute then horrible and says spitful things the next. I think aslong as your prepared and understand how hard it is & you both feel your ready i don't see any problem! It's not all about age.. Plus were adults we can do as we please. We have our own home etc so yeah ..

Aww thats really lovely! :)

xx

Last edited:
In laws eh?! When we told FIL that if it is a boy it will be called Jack he didn't slate it but he went dead quiet and pulled a face lol. But me and OH both agreed when we left that we don't care what other people think of our names, it is what we like that is important! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back