never ending house work ?

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
boy am i starting to feel the pain of not being well enough to do the housework proper in the last 5 months , dh been doing stuff like washing up and wiping the kitchen services and bathroom been getting done , but no feel in depth cleaning ,

there;s so much to do i feel like i aint ever gonna see the end of it !

so much to clear out and make room for bubba , loads of furniture shifting and flat re orgainsing !

and where does all this 'stuff' come that u ocumilate over the years , i mean weve only been here 4 , how could we have collected so much crap !

sorry for the rant , but the flats a mess , i dont seem to be making any progress , ive run out of room to dry clothes as im washing them quicker then there drying and im fed up of living in a tip !

please say i aint the only one who let things slid :oops:

(plus ive got mum coming down in a week and ive got to ahve made some progress by then ! she wants to paint the nursey :rotfl: , which u currently cant see the floor in :roll: )

aww if i lived near you i would come round and do it all :)
i love cleaning and sorting
im one of those people that never have a bit of clutter anywhere i dont even have a naughty drawer full of stuff.
just take your time with it all best thing to do is box everything atleast then its neat and you can sort it as your boxing it.
good luck with getting it sorted
manda xx

god ive not even started on the clutter piles :oops: im determind to use having this baby as motivation to get rid of loads of stuff etc but its just doing it aint it !

im also feeling an ebay selling spree coming in !

lol anything that aint good enough for ebay try getting rid of on freecycle people wil take most things off your hands pretty quickly :)
i drive everyone mad with my tiding up but once its done thats it for ages then :)
manda xx

G3M said:
boy am i starting to feel the pain of not being well enough to do the housework proper in the last 5 months , dh been doing stuff like washing up and wiping the kitchen services and bathroom been getting done , but no feel in depth cleaning ,

there;s so much to do i feel like i aint ever gonna see the end of it !

so much to clear out and make room for bubba , loads of furniture shifting and flat re orgainsing !

and where does all this 'stuff' come that u ocumilate over the years , i mean weve only been here 4 , how could we have collected so much crap !

sorry for the rant , but the flats a mess , i dont seem to be making any progress , ive run out of room to dry clothes as im washing them quicker then there drying and im fed up of living in a tip !

please say i aint the only one who let things slid :oops:

(plus ive got mum coming down in a week and ive got to ahve made some progress by then ! she wants to paint the nursey :rotfl: , which u currently cant see the floor in :roll: )

fook the house work chick . it will be there when you're dead.

so long as your home is happy and clean fook it.

I am the sort of peson that has everything sitting perfect and spotless, but since becoming pregnant, I've done nothing.

I really want my house to go back to they way it was, but I can't be bothered and hubby is too lazy and my mum and mil don't clean to my standards.

I'm still waiting on the nesting thing starting.....if it ever will.

So I agree with budge.....fook the house work. xxxx

Isn't this the time our OHs are supposed to take over and help with housework! I would be knee deep in dirt and dust if I just left it! I wish he would do some of it without me needing to nag. I dont feel like it either, I keep seeing things that need cleaning, but cant be bothered! Moan moan . . .

If I left my OH to do the housework it wouldn't get done :lol:

I've been panic cleaning the last few days cos OH's brother is coming to stay for a couple days next week and the house was a complete tip. Don't want him telling tales to MIL about my house keeping :lol:

Our flat has deteriorated in the last 18 weeks. I'm just so tired! OH is trying hard, bless his socks. I'm a naturally messy person so normally have to tidy a lot because of the mess I create around me. I said to OH that I was really hoping to find the energy to sort out all the clothes from the bedroom floor as it is almost covered :oops: so he pushed everything into a pile so I could get easily to bed :D I've been trying to keep the living room in some sort of order but it's not as thoroughly clean as it used to be - and the lounge is now full of stuff as I often tidy the living room by dumping stuff in the lounge.

I'm just waiting for that energy that you're supposed to get in 2nd tri. I want to bloom and instead I'm wilting more every day :( I'm going to work part time from the middle of January so hopefully I will have everything lovely again for when LO arrives.

Can you clean up one room by putting things in another and spraying a bit of polish around and only letting your mum in there?
:hug:

how many rooms do u think u get in a london flat :rotfl: mum doesnt mind the mess , its the fact she wants to paint the nursey and at mo , its full !

I worry so much about our house - it's jammed with clutter. I don't know how it will ever be toddler safe or where the stuff will go that's in the room we want to use as a nursery (the one I'm typing in now!).

The carpet is always covered in dog hairs - I'm a messy cook so the kitchen is never spotless AND we need new units as our are falling to bits.

I've always been lousey at housework, I wish I could wake up a tidy person (or at least have married one).

Blah! There's a ton of love in this house, it's the only thing bigger than the dust bunnies (or should I call them kangaroos?).

We've all got a few months yet - fingers crossed the nesting instinct will set in....

We barely know where to start! We have 2 rooms to sort out. One of which is an office at the moment and the other is a dressing room/gym/clutter room LOL. Both need stripping out and re-carpeting and re-decorating. We also wanted to get the kitchen, hall and bathroom done!

same here debs ! altho we've made progress on bathroom cos it had its new floor , hoping to get paint his week and get that done n dusted , kitchen needs new flooring too and could easily do with a lick of paint ! and i would love to put new floor in hall , cos dog sometimes has accidents and its carpet at mo so not nice, but dont wanna spend alot of money cos i only rent and tbh would rather not be living here toooo much longer !

brians at home today , wonder if we'll get any more done ? have had an awfull night tho so i doubt it !

At least you lot arent living in a building site!!! hehe

My DH has just demolished the landing and stairs to get the banister out so noone can go upstairs incase they fall over the edge of the landing...... I dont even bother to tidy any more.... :shakehead:

The only room in the house thats tidy and lovely is the nursery and thats not even used :rotfl:

Sounds like Im not the only one living in a building site after all.....OH tore our bathroom apart to refit it before Bean was even on the scene....24 weeks later and I have just got the hot water and heating back and there is the tiniest glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel!
I forced a pre-xmas deadline by insisting on ordering the landing and stairs carpet which comes in 3 weeks so all the dusty work has to be done by then! lol, major panic has now set in but at least OH is finally off his derriere and doing some work!! :rotfl:
So housework has been abandoned completely, I am the tidy one so its hard but I am turning a blind eye and trusting it will all get sorted eventually!
We all need to look after ourselves and not be stressing about a bit of dust/laundry/washing up... :lol:

My standards have slipped since being pregnant.

But i am also living in a building site, my front room has just been re plastered so all the furniture out of there is in various rooms of the house. My kitchen and hall way are still waiting to be sorted out after the summer floods so we have no flooring down (we may have to move out yet while they lay new floor boards!)

I am well and truly fed up of living in a tip!

I want to finish the porch, get the lounge sorted (carpet is ordered), want to decorate the dining room, new carpet on the stairs, new floor in the kitchen and a bath fitted. Should have time :lol: She says. Then once he's here having a new kitchen and re decorating the lounge got help me :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back