Nesting

Layla

Reaction score
hi girls

who has the nesting thing?

i was thinking about this eariler, trying to work out if there is any kind of pattern to it.

what im curoius about is, when did you get it? how many weeks do you have left.

those of you who have had your babies, how many weeks did you get it from, did you give birth early?

dont know why, its just something i have been thinking about alot today, prob coz im bored lol.

xxx

I guess ive started in a way....have knocked through the lounge/dinning room, OH is busy sanding, plastering, papering, painting etc. Would love my new carpet down for xmas, but not looking likely :(
I finish work on friday, so have planned lots of cleaning, and am cleaning out every cupboard in the house, chucking out lots of stuff i havent used for ages, im so looking forward to it!!
SAD WOMAN!!

I can't stand to see dirty pots/dishes or washing and I wipe eveything down obsessively and have done since about 32/33 weeks. Hope this doesn't mean I'm going to be early :shock:

Cleaned every surface yesterday with antibac wipes, including bottles of baby lotion and skirting boards in bubs room!

Made up 4lb worth of mince cobbler tonight to freeze.

Feel like I am 'ready' now!

Rosieroo

"Made up 4lb worth of mince cobbler tonight to freeze" - that didnt half make me laugh sooooo much!!!!

Im obsessivley tidy / organised anyway - lord knows what I will get up to when I go into the 'nesting' phase!!??!!!

L x

Have always been a bit of a tidy nut since we got our own place in August but since Thursday it's been rediculous! I got home yesterday and all I want to do is clean - Mark is having to stop me. :oops:

Don't know if I am really fussing over nothing or that my standards really have got higher in the last week.

I am definitely noticing the clutter and dust a lot more than I used to and it started a couple of weeks ago.

Don't seem to have the energy to do it though. :roll:

I had it really badly from 36-38 weeks and I had him at 40 + 2. The last two weeks I was just too tired to nest!

+++

im starting to get it now, its not so much cleaning/housework tho, its more an urge to finsh off all th eodd jobs that need doing around the house.

I spent most of the day yesterday painting the kids rooms, my daughters is finsihed now, and i only have to paint and gloss 2 walls in my sons room, then its just a case of hoovering and putting everything in its place.

I have noitced that Coby has gone very quite, im lucky if i get the 10 movemetns a day and i seem to be rushing to get things done, cant help but wonder wether its a sign he is ready to come out soon.

thats why i made this thread, but from your answers there doesnt seem to be any pattern to it time wise.

thanks for all your replys tho

xxx

I'm surpressing any urges to nest as I'm hoping - somewhat desperately - that we will be moving before my due date. I have little fits of getting a bit anxious about the state of our flat, but then remind myself there's no point in doing anything about it if we're moving.

If it turns out we're not moving I will have to scrub the place from top to bottom as I can't bear the idea of my little one coming home to it! My poor OH won't know what's hit him!

woohoo! i just finshed the painting :D

just got to wait for it all to dry and hoover and put things back in the room, thank god its done!

I've got this so bad before finishing work I kept looking round thinking that needs doing this needs doing. I then made a list and have been working my way thru bit by bit but then I keep adding to it as something else appears!! I ache now after standing ironing, cleaning, hoovering and mopping the kitchen floor. I always try and do everything in the morning so I can chill in the after noon have become addicted to Murder she Wrote!!

Hello!!!!

I have had a period when I have cleaned the house really well like the kitchen, baby bedroom etc... But it did not last longer than a week though, although I was cleaning every day. I notice the dirt more now and have to have thehouse tidy and clean everyday but to a normal level and I do not have the strength to do the bathroom or my bedroom. i know the stairs need doing to but cannot bend lol

And most of all, I am so tired now i cannot do anything at all!!!

I have just cleaned every inch of my kitchen, including inside all cupboarsds, the fridge, microwave etc, I was in agony with my massive elephant legs swollen ankles but couldn't stop myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back