Nesting

StephyLou

Reaction score
I will say I am not the most tidy person in the world, a pile of laundry sat in the basket for a week does not make me break out in a sweat but I can't stop cleaning!

My house has never been this clean and organised but I can't stop I'm now incensed by dust and grime and am on a one women mission to rid it from our domain.

So it got me thinking, do we become like this because we think we should be and are told its part of getting ready for the baby or is there some animal urge leftover from the cavewomen days that kicks are body into behaving like this?

I think it's just us wanting everything to be clean and ready. I'm the same as you I can live in a 'lived in' house without freaking out but I have gone through stages of having a proper clean out. X

Yep I'm the same...my house is generally 'lived in' but there's been a few occasions over the past week where I've gone above and beyond...dismantling the oven door to get rid of a smear for example and dissecting the seal on the shower cubicle lol x

I definitely think it's hormonal. The week before our first was born I went on a mad cleaning spree, moving furniture and bleaching everything. It was just a total obsession. OH thought it was hilarious; once he'd told me off for lugging furniture around. Wonder what I'll do this time!

Was making dinner and thinking 'I wonder when it was the last time I cleaned all the tins ect in the cupboards'...I think I'll leave that for another day lol

My nesting has been terrible!
Ive almost repainted the whole house! Including the glossing lol!
Re did my little boys room, been to the dump site about 6 times in the last 6-7 weeks throwing and de cluttering. Everyday im cleaning ALOT more than i normally do.

My hoover must be loving life right now!

Im cleaning and re arranging all my kitchen cupboards! Ive already washed, ironed and put away all babas clothes ready! Im terrible!

Yep I'm the same...my house is generally 'lived in' but there's been a few occasions over the past week where I've gone above and beyond...dismantling the oven door to get rid of a smear for example and dissecting the seal on the shower cubicle lol x

Lmao i did the over door the other day too! I didnt even know u could take the glass off to get between them!
Shows how many times ive cleaned between in the last 4yrs of being here ahahahaha! NONE
The smudge has fucked me off for years! Gone now! :lol: lol!!!

Totally hormonal I cleaned the bathroom walls yesterday 😂 My house is definitely lived in and it is harder to feel I am getting clean with a 3 year old one child mess mission in the house I want to tie her to a chair so she can't create mess 🙈!!

I am sure I am worse this time round as well!!

Lmao i did the over door the other day too! I didnt even know u could take the glass off to get between them!
Shows how many times ive cleaned between in the last 4yrs of being here ahahahaha! NONE
The smudge has fucked me off for years! Gone now! :lol: lol!!!

We've only been here 6 months but it's annoyed me....not as much as the shower seal though-it was black when we moved in and I thought it was stained as it wouldn't come off-so satisfying to find it had a split in it which was where all the mark was-it's clear again now although I had to buy a new toothbrush as I used mine to scrub the edges x

I have the nesting feeling but so frustrated that I can't do any of it. I'm in so much pain constantly that even the simplest of tasks are a mission! xx

Nesting is defo hormonal and an instinct to me.

I keep a tidy house as best I can normally but when preg if something is out of place it needs sorting immediately rather than in a minute!

I have been nesting for weeks now. My fav thing to do daily is Hoover and I do it at least twice a day!! I also fitted the bathroom carpet the other day. Had to take the door off and re hang it and everything!! Fee so good that it's done now though!!

Today I am finding it really hard. I'm really ill in bed and James is looking after the kids today. I have been downstairs twice and although it's not messy it's bothering me that I can't do anything. The Hoover is sat at the end of my bed and it is calling me so loud but I literally cannot get up and do it, my body won't let me. I will have to make up for lost time once this sickness buggers off!!!

Xx

I've got tiles, bathroom parts and rubbish everywhere. I'm about ready to fit the damn Bathroom myself so I can clean the area.

Also spent 2 hours scrubbing the oven today for my OH to pipe up that its on its way out and he seen a new one in B&Q for a good price....arrrrrrgh dhdhshaaka!!!!

Yup, I went haywire this weekend. Partner kept trying to stop me, but I couldn't lol

Tri hopping cos my nesting has already kicked in! I've been decluttering like crazy and selling stuff on ebay. DH tells anyone if they stand still long enough I'll list them on ebay! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back