Nesting Instinct

BubbleOne

Reaction score
I seem to have woken up this morning with a mad urge to clean everything :?

OH is off work tomorrow so I have already written a list of all the jobs I want us to do tomorrow (clean fridge, oven, windows and doors etc)!!! Bet he's going to love me :D Spending his day off helping me do all those jobs that you never get around to for reasons best left untold!! :shock:

Anyone else got this urge? Is it a sign that labour isn't far off of is that just a myth?

Well I'm nowhere near your stage but already I am noticing dirt a lot more than I did.

I nearly did my back in hoovering up cobwebs from the ceiling that, somehow, I hadn't even noticed before! :shock: :?

If I am like this now, god help me in eight weeks time!

Yes I have! Really badly! I just emailed my Mum about it actually as she's going in with me and she says that she had it from about a week before she had me (I think she's packing her bag now just in case!). It's particularly noticable with me as I am the world's messiest woman- I usually don't even see mess let alone feel the urge to do anything about it! I did no less than 6 washing loads at the weekend and am going through every little corner of clutter in the house. I'm even throwing stuff out which is unheard of for me! My DH thinks it's great (he's the tidy one in our relationship). I just can't sit still for more than about 10 mins without wanting to sort organise or generally fuss. Help! It's so unnatural for me!

+++

Yes, I've been cleaning everything and I can't stand any dirt or any mess of any type, everything HAS to be in the right place. I am usually a clean and tidy person anyway but even this is drving me mad!!! What will I be like by the time January comes :shock: :shock:

I'm getting like that. Before I would hold on to anything in case I needed it, it came back into fashion etc but have been ruthless. No clutter in this house thank you very much. Am driving OH mad. It has got to the point where last night I went to clean the hob after dinner and ended up doing the whole oven. Feels satisfying. And I love the smell of dettol. What has happened. We are currently getting our living room plastered as the walls were horrible and uneven and dirty, can't wait to get in there and paint etc. Just can't see it lasting though as am a messy person usually.

My friend had the BIGGEST house clean top to bottom the day before she went into labour with all 3 of her children.

I've really started to get mine. I see everything that's not in it's place and order OH to put it back, and ironing, and washing, and tidying - it's driving him mad as I can't do most of it anymore so he has to :lol:

I not so much been cleaning, more sorting through junk. This being our second child we've lost the only spare room we had, and it was piled high with junk.
We've tossed loads but I need to find room for the rest, which means going though all the drawers and cupboards everywhere trying to throw stuff out to make more room.

Well I'm nowhere near your stage but already I am noticing dirt a lot more than I did.

Ditto. Especially noticing things that need doing like scrubbing the woodwork etc etc. I think DH is going mad with my constant whinging about how dirty the house feels. I'm going to get someone in to do the sofas and hire a carpet cleaner so he can do the carpets in a couple of weeks time. I feel all grubby!!

rosieroo said:

Ditto. Especially noticing things that need doing like scrubbing the woodwork etc etc. I think DH is going mad with my constant whinging about how dirty the house feels. I'm going to get someone in to do the sofas and hire a carpet cleaner so he can do the carpets in a couple of weeks time. I feel all grubby!!

I have a new carpet being fitted on Thursday.. I'm so excited about it it's embarassing!
The carpet we have now has had walls knocked down onto it and everything it's absolutley DISGUSTING I can't wait to get rid of it!

I made OH go out last weekend and pay £100 for a carpet cleaner Vax!!!

It's good to want to clean obviously but I get so knackered so easily!! Did the ironing this morning and I do about 4 items and then have to have a 2 min sit down before I do the next 4 items!! Same with the washing up. By the time I get halfway through it I'm hanging over the sink about to collapse!! :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back