Nesting instinct

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Tiny Sue, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any idea when this is supposed to kick in because I think I'm feeling it! I have a powerful urge to clean house, but not much energy - the house isn't that bad but the little things I let go because of tiredness are suddenly getting to me. And also, I have the strong feeling that there's nothing done with only three months to go. Any of you experienced Mums out there know what I mean - or is the nesting thing only something you get when you are about to go into labour?

Sue

2. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I thought it was when you are about to give birth but I'm not so sure, I get urges to clean too and last night at about 8pm I just HAD to clean under the sink lol!!

3. littlebump

littlebump Well-Known Member

Sorry for intruding on Jan baby club!!

I thought I was never going 'nest' but this weekend I started cleaning out all the drawers in the kitchen and my hubbie thought that was nesting. I'm due in 3+half weeks.

Generally I think it happens when you're close. Hope this means it'll be soon for me!!

LBxx

4. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

No intrusion littlebump! :)

Actually since I posted that I've been doing a little reading (not cleaning kitchen *L*) and it says that nesting can begin during the fifth month. A sign that you are soon going into labour is a sudden spurt of energy and making sure that the house is spick and span. One website gave a list of stuff that expectant mums weren't to do while they were nesting like painting the nursery and stuff like that. It gave examples of some strange nesting behaviour like one mum taking all the knobs off the cupboards in the kitchen and disinfecting the screws that held them in so that the house would be clean for the baby! :shock:

Ermmmm...not THAT bad yet *L*

Sue

5. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

Well I have already starting this nesting thing I think.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to rearrange and clean the kitchen cupboards. This is very strange behaviour for me :wink:

Also, last night I demanded that we bought the new dettol spray in sainsburys. The DH tried to say that we could use normal dettol but I was VERY persuasive that we absolutely had to buy it! :D