Nesting Instinct!!

ashley22

Reaction score
Has anyone got it?

Usually I am quite an untidy person :oops: but I have been cleaning loads the past couple of days and have actually been enjoying it!

It's gotten so bad that my o/h has told me to sit down cause I'm annoying him.

Hello

I'm due on the same day as you as I also am obsessed with cleaning - I LOVE it. Have hoovered the whole house today, LOVE cleaning the kitchen surfaces, love dusting, love washing and ironing - think I have gone bonkers!! I've told my other half that the house better not be a mess when I'm in hospital or else I'll be v. mad!! I think he thinks I'm joking!! :D

I know I'm getting bad as I saw the advert for the new Dettol spray and was really excited about going to the supermarket to buy it. :D Smells of apple and I have nearly used a whole bottle already, I am the messiest person ever usually. Plus had to put away some socks, ended up sorting out all my clothes and wardrobe. This is so not me but I have more drawer space. xxxx

The only thing I've been doing really is cleaning windows/mirrors. Everytime I look at one I want to polish it - even if I'm on the phone!!

Thought I was developing an OCD - but maybe it's just a bit of the nesting instinct kicking in!!

LBxx

Im sort of nesting, think is I think about cleaning the house but in eality when I start I just find my back aches like hell and Im really uncomfortable and unable to reach to do somethings properly. Yesterday I made a half arsed job of cleaning the floors and dusting though. But I find even standing and cooking dinner makes me ache now.
What I am doing though is wanting to bake and make soap and other weird stuff. My mum went on a mad baking spree when she was pregnant, she was up icing cakes at 4 in the morning then realised that the cramp she felt whilst doing it was contractions!

I am alot more consious of getting housework and dishes done, i must admit! I'm obsessed with cleaning the shower too for some reason. I keep thinking it smells foisty/mouldy even when i disinfect it haha

lol i got it so bad on my second pregnancy, was clearing out cuboards and washing everything in sight.

it died down a bit after my son was born but i dont think it fully went away, coz since i had my son im very house proud

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back