nervously popping in to say hi

Jojo84

Reaction score
i just got my :bfp:

i feel very lucky because its only our 2nd cycle trying... but im ever so nervous!!

i didnt think i was pregnant because we only did it twice this month and i didnt have many symptoms.

i lost a baby at 6 weeks a year past october. My doctors said last april that the reason may have been a huge number of gallstones in my gallbladder making my body work much harder which unfortunately meant i wasn't able to maintain a feotus- now that issue is resolved i have more risk of it being successful.

but im still very worried about it. i feel sick and i didnt feel sick this morning and im so worried about it. its like evry time i wee i expect there to be blood :'(

on top of that, my job is kinda heavy and i need to tell them asap... aka now... and everyone will know from day one which means everyone will know if i lose it :(

i dont want to lose it but im so worried. its too good to be true, right?

i know i need to stop stressing but im on the verge of tears about it

First of all congrats and welcome to tri 1 :)

This is a very scary time, I think everyone in tri 1 goes through these moments and have these thoughts so its perfectly normal. I have suffered losses before too and that of course adds more fear. I know that its worrying telling work with the thoughts of possibly having to tell them of a loss but it sounds like its a safety issue and like there is no choice but to tell them. Try and think positive, everytime I have a worrying thought I quickly replace it with something positive. I was a wreck with my last pregnancy and it took its toll on me emotionally x

Congratulations jojo84! I'm pretty worried too. I had a medically managed miscarriage last month. Only let my husband near me twice too, and here I am too!

Hope all goes well xx

im definitely going to have to tell them... i work 24hr shifts which i dont think i should do and i dont think i'm allowed to work over night. i also work with potentially violent people too so i have to do it regardless or how much i want to keep it under wraps

my mother decided to go on holiday for 2 weeks at the WORST possible time! i need my mummy lol. also... i have half a bottle of wine in the fridge that's going to go off because there's nobody to drink it lol... hubby doesn't do wine.

eta:

toria... i hope you're extra extra sticky! i know of many people who lose one then the next month they have a successful pregnancy... in fact my mum's pattern was MC, then pregnancy, then when she ttc again she had a mc and then another successful pregnancy. so try not to worry

Last edited:
Haha, I've got the same issue with wine in the fridge!

:) Cook with the wine? Risotto if it's white, and bolognese or something stewy if it's red.

Big hugs, sweetie. I feel like your stalker today... I'm everywhere... Tell someone at work as soon as you can and it will all feel a lot better, I'm sure. Be reassured at least that your body is used to all the hard work you have to do.

Welcome to tri1 - FX for a sticky bean x

Hello and congrats :hugs:

I found it to be a huge relief when I finally told a few people. Is there an option on only telling your boss at work to start off with and maybe bend the truth so that your other colleagues don't know if your that nervous about it?

I've only told my boss and his deputy at work, don't plan on anyone else till my 12 week scan.

The cooking with the wine sounds like an awesome plan!

Last edited:
the wine is rose lol ... dunno what to cook with that

Congratulations. I understand your worry. I think all of us will worry until we get past 12 weeks. I had a scare and had to have an early scan so I can't wait to get to 12 weeks or 13 in my case for my scan. I know it is hard but try not to worry and enjoy being pregnant. From the sound of work you do you need to tell your employer asap (even if it is just your manager) so they can get you out of harms way. I'm sure yous can come up with a reason for you being moved to a safer environment other than telling people if you don't want to. Good luck and I hope everything goes well for you xxx

Congratulations! I've been sick with worry since I got my BFP. I've only just started to get ny head around the fact that I'm actually pregnant, I thought I'd got it wrong! It's such an emotional time!
I actually found telling someone at work helped, i know that at least there's one person who understands if I call in sick when I'm not feeling good!
Wishing you a happy & healthy pregnancy xx

Congratulations, completely understand your worries it's so natural. Try and enjoy and mark off little milestones which I'm finding helps with the time passing in tri 1 :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back