Nervous

sammh18

Reaction score
So I had a private scan on Monday a stomach one and they couldn’t see anything in the sac she said I was about 5/6 weeks so earlier than we originally thought going back on Friday to see what’s going on for an internal. She said sac looked healthy and she was happy? She said it had a nice white ring? How can she be happy not seeing anything? Now I just feel sick waiting for Friday. Has any one had anything like this?

Thanks xx

They can normally tell by the shape of the sack if things are ok. Plus if measuring 5/6 weeks there isn’t Normally anything to see then. A vaginal scan will show better pictures.
For contrast I had a scan at 5 weeks last year. They said the sac was collapsing and didn’t look good. I lost the pregnancy it had stopped growing around that time.

They are very honest and would say if something wrong so sounds very positive. Xx

how far along did you think you were and when did you get your bfp?

I have had a situation where only a sac was showing when I was supposed to be 11 weeks pregnant based on my last period and date I got a positive pregnancy test, it turned out to be a blighted ovum which ended in miscarriage

Did you think you were a lot further on then 5/6 weeks or round about that stage anyway? Bear in mind a stomach scan doesn’t show as much as a vaginal scan in the early stages either xx

I have had a situation where only a sac was showing when I was supposed to be 11 weeks pregnant based on my last period and date I got a positive pregnancy test, it turned out to be a blighted ovum which ended in miscarriage

Did you think you were a lot further on then 5/6 weeks or round about that stage anyway? Bear in mind a stomach scan doesn’t show as much as a vaginal scan in the early stages either xx

Thought I was about 11 weeks but my period was a bit all over due to stress. She said everything was healthy and didn’t look like anything unusual xx

I suspected this on your other thread. You probably had an irregular cycle and didn't ovulate until a month later and caught that egg.
Congrats on the pregnancy!x

And I had tested in April and I was negative so I think I just had missed a period down to stress then fell pregnant at end of April/start of may if I’m right xx

I suspected this on your other thread. You probably had an irregular cycle and didn't ovulate until a month later and caught that egg.
Congrats on the pregnancy!x

I couldn’t find my other one to message you! I said to my other half you were right but now this blighted ovum thing has me panicking. She said everything was healthy and said nothing looked out of the usual so I’m hoping that it’s not xx

Sorry if I’ve panicked you didn’t mean to, was just sharing my own experience! You probably just got pregnant a bit later then you thought you did, good luck for next scan hopefully it reassures you that everything is going well xx

Sorry if I’ve panicked you didn’t mean to, was just sharing my own experience! You probably just got pregnant a bit later then you thought you did, good luck for next scan hopefully it reassures you that everything is going well xx

It’s alright I’m a panicked at best haha. I’m hoping so got one on Friday night so I’m hopeful that this one is like it’s sisters and just a pain lol xx

It’s alright I’m a panicked at best haha. I’m hoping so got one on Friday night so I’m hopeful that this one is like it’s sisters and just a pain lol xx

I’d probably ask for bloods to be done x

So I’ve had another scan today she says I’m about 5 weeks so they couldn’t see anything sac is fine they said blighted ovum is unlikely as I’ve got the pregnancy cyst on my right ovary to which a good sign. And sac is perfectly healthy so roll on Friday hopefully a bit more productive. :) x

All those worries for nothing!
Congrats and enjoy your 9 months!x

I was very reluctant to share my experience as I didn’t want to scare you and I also think it’s not good to listen to everyone as it won’t help. There are millions of variables in the beginning and not one experience would be like exactly each other. My outcome wasn’t good as the sac was enlarged but please remember what I said everyone has a different situation. Keep positive and let us know about your scan. Good luck on Friday x

I was very reluctant to share my experience as I didn’t want to scare you and I also think it’s not good to listen to everyone as it won’t help. There are millions of variables in the beginning and not one experience would be like exactly each other. My outcome wasn’t good as the sac was enlarged but please remember what I said everyone has a different situation. Keep positive and let us know about your scan. Good luck on Friday x

Thank you. She did say my sac was perfect size she said it wasn’t enlarged or anything so I’m crossing everything xx

Thank you. She did say my sac was perfect size she said it wasn’t enlarged or anything so I’m crossing everything xx
That’s really good news and if it was an external scan then it’s much harder to see anything at this stage. To give you an example I started bleeding at 7 weeks rushed to hospital and with external scan they couldn’t see the embryo. He than did an internal and he could see it. But obviously mine was a miscarriage but this gives you an idea about the differences. I had so many scans and issues so let me know if you need to ask anything x

My sac was perfectly fine too, the right shape and size for 6 weeks, the sonographer kept telling me everything was fine and I had just got my dates wrong, and it was just a bit early to see the foetus yet, only I knew I hadn’t got my dates wrong as I had got a positive pregnancy test 7 weeks earlier, I’m glad I was a bit more clued up otherwise the sonographer would have given me false hope, I knew in my intuition something wasn’t right as I had barely any symptoms at all, wouldn’t have even known I was pregnant if it weren’t for the test, I know not every woman gets a lot of symptoms but I just really didn’t feel pregnant at all with the blighted ovum, my next pregnancy with my baby daughter had a scan at 6 weeks, could see the fetus and heartbeat easily and had awful sickness every day, I’m not trying to scare you or say anything is wrong with your pregnancy but what I would say is keep abit of an open mind as it sounds like they are dating the pregnancy quite a bit earlier to what you thought you were and I don’t think sonographers ask enough questions either to determine whether it’s gonna be viable or not they just go off what they see on the screen but they should be asking the woman when she tested positive aswell to make sure it at least vaguely matches up, in my example they were trying to tell me everything was fine and I was 6 weeks pregnant and were just disregarding me when I was trying to tell them I couldn’t be as I had tested positive 7 weeks earlier, it annoys me now when I see that they just tell people everything is fine without really digging a bit deeper, I hope it’s all fine for you anyway they sound really positive that it’s all progressing well for you x

Also what @night owl said so true.
I had the same feeling where didn’t feel sick every day and just knew there was something wrong. They have me 50 percent chance and I just knew it will be bad news than started bleeding anyway. But it’s no good if you start worrying now when you don’t know anything. Even if it’s bad news down the line it’s better not to worry now but only worry and feel sad at the time. I hope that makes sense x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back