Nervous about Doctors/Hospital Appointments.

BubbleOne

Reaction score
Hi All,
I found out I was pregnant a couple of weeks ago and my partner and I are delighted. I have my first doctors appointment next Wed. I have always been a little edgy about going to the doctors but am excited to have my pregnancy confirmed properly. (Incase the 4 Positive Pregnancy Tests are all wrong!!). I have only been to a hospital 3times in my life and always as a visitor, never a patient. Am I worrying about nothing? Is anybody else feeling the way I do?

I was nervous at first because I hate going to the doctor because it's usually associated with being sick. I was fine after my first visit though. You'll be fine! Nothing to worry about! :)

The best advice I can give is to relax and don't worry if your doctor doesn't see the need to carry out further pregnancy tests.

It can be a little disconcerting at first but the pregnancy tests are so good that most doctors will take a positive pregnancy test and a missed period as confirmation.

In the UK most of your appointments throughout your pregnancy will be done by your community midwife so they are a lot more relaxed and informal which is nice. I get on really well with my midwife and she's really good at listening to me and reassuring me that things are "normal".

The only time I've had to go into the hospital so far is for the ultra sound scans and again this is usually done on the Women's section and all the people there are really good too.

The main thing to remember is that they are there to reassure you and answer your questions. If you're worried about something tell them. The only silly question is the one you don't ask!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back