Nerves and excitement

Gill09876

Reaction score
Hi

Today has been a lovely day telling people about baby including my boss. It's been nerve racking. I worry my racing heartbeat can have affect on baba developing. Has anyone else every worried about the same thing? So lovely telling people and a relief at work.

Thanks

Gill. Xx

Congrats Gill on reaching the point where you're ready to tell people. I'm very early days yet and unfortumately unemployed at the moment but must admit I'm already nervous at the thought of telling my parents (silly as I'm 33 not 16!) although also excited by the prospect.

I think it's probably natural to feel excited but also a little worried about it all. I know your heart probably feels like it's doing overtime but think it's unlikely to cause any harm to the baby unless it's a constant thing or you have a heart condition. Many women exercise a lot in their pregnancy which would cause their heart rate to increase. Just be sure to sit down and rest if you feel dizzy or lightheaded.

If you're really concerned maybe give your midwife a call for some reassurance/guidance.

Thanks sunshine and congrats to you too. Wishing you a lovely pregnancy xx

Ahh you started telling people :) You won't be able to stop now!! Makes it that bit more real! I really wouldn't be concerned about your heart rate.. Mine is thumping away even sitting down! It's very normal as we've got more blood whooshing round our bodies :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back