Negative test results but all symptoms?!

Gracie87

Reaction score
I don't know where to start..
Three months ago my fiance and i started trying for a baby. In June i started spotting and thought perhaps it was implantation bleeding. Although, after 3 days it got a little heavier (The day i should have started my period). The day later i got a massive blood clot & never had pain like it. Spoke to my mother & a close friend and came to the conclusion that perhaps i had a misscarriage. Not 100% on that though. The bleeding stopped & i got on with things.

Now the beginning of this month i started Slimming World & i've began to lose weight. I'm a pretty big girl aswell as Type2 diabetic. So of course, Losing weight will help numerous things. I started to feel more positive about things etc..
Then me and my fiance got engaged recently.. Bought myself a new dress, got really excited! Tried it on Monday, Dress rehearsal lol. Nothing fitted! I broke my heart!
I've been losing weight at SW but yet the only thing that doesnt fit is around my waist. My bum has gone down & it looked lovely from the back. But the front... I look pregnant. Such a high stomach & it's kinda hard too. Considering im a big girl (size22) I'm more than positive my stomach shouldn't be that hard.
My mam then decides to tell me that she's noticed a few things lately.. My stomach has apparently changed shape. I'm very snappy, Very emotional & crying over anything. I'm sleeping alot more than normal. Sensitive smell or smelling strange things. I have wind more than ever lol. I'm diabetic so i wee through the night anyways.. But i'm weeing alot more than usual. Always thirsty.
But i'm not feeling sick as such.. get the odd day or 2. I'm having regular periods.. although they are different. They're on time.. but look different & the flow is different.

Ive done loads of stick dip tests at home - ALL negative. I called my Diabetic nurse as it's important i'm monitored if i am pregnant. Called me in to do a water test at the surgery. Negative.. And that was it, No further tests?! Even with all the symptoms i have AND the shape/feel on my tummy.

I'm VERY frightened now that i may be pregnant & it won't be picked up on.
Does anyone have any advice or gone through anything simular?!

Sorry for the long winded message & all replies will be much appreciated! Thank you! :D

You could ask your gp to do a blood test to completely rule it out? I think it's perhaps unlikely you are pregnant though if all your tests are negative.

I think it unlikely that you are but for peace of mind I would go the docs for a blood test as it can happen that it could be missed. Good luck and hope you get your bfp soon x

I agree, get a blood test to see if they can identify what it is- bear in mind some ladies do have periods through pregnancy. As for the negative tests, have they all been of the same brand?

Your first paragraph really hit home for me, that happened to me 4 months ago. The clots were the size of my hand and I bled through everything onto chairs, it was awful. It affected my periods afterwards for a couple of months too, I hope yours are ok now. Good luck with getting answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back