Negative clearblue at 5w3d...any hope?

star101

Reaction score
Hi ladies I found out I was pregnant last week after our second go at ivf (fet). It's our first positive pregnancy test in the four years we've been trying. This time I am on fragmin and heparin to suppress my immune system. I didn't do any tests last week but did a clear blue today which says I'm not pregnant. Waiting for the nurse to call me back now. I've had no bleeding but not a lot of symptoms either just hungry and a bit tired. Bbs don't seem much different. Is there any hope? I am now dreading having to tell dh when he gets home. Feeling so sad xx

Clear blue sometimes take a bit longer to respond, did you do a clear blue the first time?

I did some frs last week and the test the clinic gave me which had a sensitivity of 25miu (all positive) they were done at the end of the 2ww - that was Sunday 12th June. I did a clear blue digital today (neg). Still waiting for the nurse to call ��

Last edited:
So nurse called and was unsure about the digital test. Suggests to do a non digi test first thing tomorrow and let them know. So have to get through today somehow..this is hideous I am trying to be open minded but think it's over...too sad

Try not to panic - digis can be awful. A girl at work thought she wasn't pregnant and she told me her digi was negative. I told her to get a frer and sure enough she is pregnant and is now 10 weeks. Fingers crossed for you x

If it was a week ago that you tested positive I would expect a test to show positive at any time of day. I would test today and if its BFP you can breath again. If its BFN I'd say it didn't look good but then maybe do one more test in the morning like they said just to confirm. A negative on a digital is enough to worry but I've seen similar posts where everything turned out okay so I would wait to confirm with a normal test before assuming the worst.

Last edited:
Hi honey, get a FRER and hold for 4 hours today (only 4 hours to get through vs. 24!).

xx

I don't know much about which tests are better than others, so I can't really advise, but I just wanted to say I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that you get a positive result when you test again xx

Hi all thanks for all the nice messages. Tested today with a frer and bfn. Not unexpected. In better news though I rang the clinic and discovered that we have funding for another fresh and frozen cycle - I thought we were done already so that was some great news. Had a crap day yday but more upbeat today. I've had a long shower chucked some fake tan on and going for a coffee at 12. Onwards etc!

Sorry to hear that it didn't stick this time, but great news about having the funding. Hopefully we'll see you back soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back