Needing Some Encouragement…

MysticKitten

Reaction score
So as I’ve stated in previous posts, my csection is scheduled for April 5 at 39 weeks. My wonderful doctors agreed if my body decides to go into labor on its own before then, we can try a vbac. With my other 2 pregnancies I went into labor right around 40 weeks. So at just 38+3/4 I’m honestly not expecting it. But I still have my hopes up.

She checked my cervix at my appointment Thursday and said I’m 2 cm and “butter soft” so this has only made me hope more. I don’t want a csection but I do know the bigger baby gets, the less likely a vbac will work for me, so going past 39 weeks isn’t a great idea.

Im trying to tell myself “trust your body” “just accept surgery and if labor happens then it’s a good surprise “. But here I am paying attention to every little thing, swaying, trying to use gravity to encourage dilation, keeping my hips wide when I sit..obsessing. And I just already feel really disappointed and upset and afraid of surgery and afraid of recovery and it’s getting me down…

I should just be grateful for a healthy baby, however she comes. So why can’t I let go? I don’t want to go through surgery recovery the most. I’m just imagining being utterly miserable ):

I got loads of contractions with nipple stimulation. I just don't know whether it really works or not. I was due on the 12th of January and she came on the 13th. I was so sick of being pregnant that I tried nipple stimulation and that was the only thing which would encourage contractions. Maybe you can try those?

I got loads of contractions with nipple stimulation. I just don't know whether it really works or not. I was due on the 12th of January and she came on the 13th. I was so sick of being pregnant that I tried nipple stimulation and that was the only thing which would encourage contractions. Maybe you can try those?
I did a little bit but it honestly didn’t even give me BH. I’m trying to accept the surgery.. and now feeling anxious about motherhood and life changes altogether now. Like it’s sinking in, in 2 days I’m having a baby…..

Ah lovely, I'm sorry you feel like this, although I do feel l like these are all totally normal reactions to being 2 days away from having a baby ;)
However, if you really don't want to have the csection you are totally in your right to demand a vbac!
Whatever you decide to do I'm sure you'll be sitting here in a few weeks with your gorgeous baby in your arms without a care in the world how she got here :hug: xx

Ah lovely, I'm sorry you feel like this, although I do feel l like these are all totally normal reactions to being 2 days away from having a baby ;)
However, if you really don't want to have the csection you are totally in your right to demand a vbac!
Whatever you decide to do I'm sure you'll be sitting here in a few weeks with your gorgeous baby in your arms without a care in the world how she got here :hug: xx
I will be going through with surgery on Tuesday… so tomorrow I’ll be cleaning like crazy and getting everything perfect and I’ll just take it a day at a time I guess. I want her to be healthy more than anything… I just have so many tangled up thoughts and feelings right now.

We’ve passed the c-section date now so I hope it went well for everybody! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back