Needing reassurance!

Hunnie

Reaction score
So I'm booked in for induction tomorrow morning and I'm presuming that at least by the end of the weekend I will be a first time mum!

I'm not as scared about the pain aspect of it all now as I know I can beg them for drugs lol I'm more worried about the fact that I have never even held a baby before?!

Does it honestly just come natural to you? Im most dreading bringing baby home as I really haven't a clue where to even start with anything! :(

It does come naturally but you will also have the mws there to help you so don't panic xxx

My OH was TERRIFIED now 5 days later he's throwing him around. Even the midwife commented how gd he was with him. You'll be great

My OH was TERRIFIED now 5 days later he's throwing him around. Even the midwife commented how gd he was with him. You'll be great
Same here! He took ages to persuade to change the first nappy, I thought he was going to hyperventilate, but now he does absolutely everything, as I'm a bit of an invalid at the moment.

But, truly, you learn so fast, you won't even believe how good you get and how fast!

It really does all just 'happen' hun. If it helps, write EVERYTHING down. Write down when baby was last fed, last slept & was last changed. There will probably be no pattern to it at first but at least you can see if it's been a while since LO slept, fed or was changed which will be their basic needs at first apart from lots and lots of cuddles! Just relax & enjoy! :) x

I was worried I wouldn't know what he wanted but u do it's instinct! X

I was exactly like you hun :lol:
I didn't like holding other people's babies, I always turned down the offer of holding a baby.
But that totally changed when Grace was here, I pick her up and hold her/carry her so comfortably.
You won't believe anyone who tells you this but motherhood comes so naturally! I also hadn't changed a nappy in my life before, but now I can do it blindfolded - my mum told me that would happen! You'll be an expert in no time hunnie :D xxx

It really does all just 'happen' hun. If it helps, write EVERYTHING down. Write down when baby was last fed, last slept & was last changed. There will probably be no pattern to it at first but at least you can see if it's been a while since LO slept, fed or was changed which will be their basic needs at first apart from lots and lots of cuddles! Just relax & enjoy! :) x

We did this in the first week. It only lasted a few days but it was helpful because we were new to all of it (being parents) but now we know everything like the back of our hand even though Grace is not in a routine :) We know when she'll be hungry again etc xxx

What will she do for the first few days/week? Mainly just sleep, poo, want to be fed and cry? How much do newborns even sleep??

Really haven't got a clue :'(!

for the first week or so ella literally just slept, she would have awake moments but they didnt last long! she slept and woke when there was a reason to wake (change, feed etc)... you will pick it up so quickly and you will just know what your baby is trying to tell you. good luck xxx

generally at first it is poo sleep and cry lol. but the writing it down is such a good idea! also if you worry about ANYTHING call your mw and then hv. its what they are there for! i was worried at firs tthat they would think i was a crap mum but its their job to help and offer advice. you do pick it up really quickly promise. My oh has never ever been around babies and within a week he was a star!!!! Dont forget though if you do get stressed or anything your lo is learning you just as you are learning them!! Dont forget you have us here and dont forget that ALL first time parents feel the same! its perfectly natural to think as you are. But when lo arrives you just get on with it. It does occasionally feel lkie complete guesswork and and you will feel lost at times but lkie i say ALL FIRST TIME PARENTS FEEL THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can do it sweetie i psomise!!!!!!!!! x

Grace mainly just slept, they do sleep A LOT!
Now her naps are slowly reducing and she's more alert/awake. xxx

Honestly don't worry babe you'll do just fine!! If u panic when holding LO they will sense it and get unsettled which will make you upset.. It will come naturally babe I promise!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back