Needing less sleep

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Emma58, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Emma58

Emma58 Well-Known Member

For the last few nights I have hardly had as much sleep as I normally would. Baby has decided when I go to bed around 11pm is a good time to have a play so, I find it really hard to nod off because of his acrobatics! Then he wakes me up at 6.30 every morning and I cannot go back to sleep. I am beginning to feel really tired now normally i have much more sleep than i'm getting now.

Anyone else having less sleep?

2. GBLiz

GBLiz Well-Known Member

well, that sounds like some good hours of solid sleep there , i wish i could sleep for more than 3 hours straight! :x

3. Emma58

Emma58 Well-Known Member

Oh no :(
    Guess i'm used to getting a good sleep.

4. muppetmummy

muppetmummy Well-Known Member

I'm getting at least 8 hours a night at the moment with only one loo trip a night and I'm feeling knackered. Needing much more sleep than usual, have been struggling to get up in the morning :shock:

5. tots hope

tots hope Well-Known Member

I go to sleep about 10:30 - 11ish and my DH wakes me up at 1 to go to the toilet (i don't have the ability to wake myself up and just store fluid in my bladder (no i don't bed wet!). If this happens i wake up in pain. Only doing one toilet stop a night and almost still asleep when i do this!

Where i am starting to feel the baby though i imagine i will get less sleep than i want!

Take a day off work and just sleep - might do you some good x x x

6. debecca

debecca Well-Known Member

Apparently *needing* less sleep is a sign of having a boy!

I go to bed at 11pm and get up at about 9am at the moment, I'm such a lazy heffer. However, I do wake up loads during the night but I seem to be able to get back to sleep OK. :sleep:

I don't wee in the night any more but when I get up I'm absolutely bursting!!!!

7. Emma58

Emma58 Well-Known Member

This last week I haven't been getting up til 530 for a wee which is better than the 3-4 times a night i was doing at one point. One night I went 6 times and felt like I hadn't slept a wink.

It could be true about needing less sleep and having a boy!!

8. Tillytots

Tillytots Well-Known Member

I had a spell of insomnia and frequent wee trips from beginning of First tri up until about 3 weeks ago, now I sleep and sleep and sleep and sleep :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: Baby plays about 11pm so I get to sleep about 11.30pm and then wakes me up about 4am and then 7am, I get out of bed at around 8am, have breakfast then go back to sleep until about 11-12am LAZY MOO!! :rotfl:

I need it though else I cant function at the mo :wall: thankgod for not being at work for ages :cheer: :cheer:

9. debecca

debecca Well-Known Member

When's your scan Tilly? xx

10. Tillytots

11. Emma58

Emma58 Well-Known Member

Will you be finding out the sex of bub?

12. Tillytots

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!

I bet bubs got his/her legs shut though :roll: Il keep poking my tummy til I get a flash :rotfl:

13. Emma58

Emma58 Well-Known Member

I thought mine would do the same and have his legs firmly shut (just like Mum :rotfl: ) but luckily they weren't.

14. Tillytots

LOL!! :rotfl:

I was going to say something similar about the legs being shut just like mine but then that would've been a big fat fib....unless this baby was immacluate conception :angel: :angel: :angel: What am I saying?! Of course it was!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

xx